2010 NHL Winter Classic To Boston...

Pharos04

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.bostonherald.com/track/inside_t...&position=3

Boston! Fenway is tenatively announced as the host for the next Winter Classic game, to be held January 1, 2010. Most likely opponent would be either the Canadiens or the Rangers

+1 for posting a link to this. Well played sir.

The atmosphere there should be fantastic regarless of which team they choose as the opponent.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

If they do play the Canadiens, they are going to have to institute some sort of feature to limit the tickets bought by Canadiens fans so that half the ballpark isn't filled up by them (like seems to happen a lot lately at the Garden).

Sounds like a great idea. Although, this idea won't be popular, they can try to add temporary seating to cover the Green Monster to add more seating. But, I'm sure they will use the scoreboard and maybe decorate the Green Monster for the occasion

fenmain.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.

I would think that another American team would be the opponent. This event happens because of the publicity the NHL gets for it, that goes down with a Canadian team in it, at least in America it does.

You nailed it. This is a NHL/NBC event, they really don't care about the Canadian audience on this day. same with the Hurricanes/Whalers return. The majority of the audience which they need to attract don't know and don't care about the history. They will watch anyway. It is only to try to drive interest to those on the Eastern and Central times zones in the US who could be watching the Outback, or Capital One Bowls. Niche events don't try top appeal to those which will watch, you try to bring in those who are on the fence. I really think it will be the Rangers. Especially there has not been a New York City team in the game's history.

If they do play the Canadiens, they are going to have to institute some sort of feature to limit the tickets bought by Canadiens fans so that half the ballpark isn't filled up by them (like seems to happen a lot lately at the Garden).

That's the Boston fan's faults for not buying up the tickets themselves. You can't restrict Canadiens fans on how many tickets they can buy. You want to limit Canadien fans at the game? Have Bruin fans buy all the tickets. Simple.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived