Annapolis Blue Angels

fkaKrock5cent

Hey all!

I'm trying to redesign the look for my uba team the Annapolis Blue Angels. The Main logo I think I'm set with ( I used the current badge for the angels as a base) but the secondary logo of the jet has me in a real bind. I'm having trouble finding a good position to put the jet in without having to factor in too much realistic shading.

The rest of the uniforms will come once the logos are all done

AnnapolisLogosheet-1.png

BlueAngelsHome.png

Thanks for viewing and please give some feedback!

Thanks

Made edits, thanks elliott

Random divergence: You spelled punch wrong in your avatar message :wacko:

Ok, I'll just talk about the jerseys. I see a few issues, first of all basic stuff, you might want to look at a real jersey because your placement of elements is wrong. Front number should be smaller and be higher up. Back number and NOB need to move up as well. Also NOB is not centered at all. For the NOB, why is it white? Nothing else is white so this stands out, a lot. If you want to keep the NOB white, I would add in white in other places, like the side paneling or outlines on numbers.

Were you going for comedy when you named your team, or what?

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Seems to me the real Blue Angels script would be a better choice as your wordmarks. Except that would make it look like the 4 diamond pilots and the #5 solo were the starters and the other solo and show narrator were the reserves. :D

4blog_-_Blue_Angels_front_side_540x361.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Wasn't this the name of the "good" team in the classic Disney movie H-E Double Hockey Sticks, starring one of the Lawrence Brothers and Eric Matthews?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Wasn't this the name of the "good" team in the classic Disney movie H-E Double Hockey Sticks, starring one of the Lawrence Brothers and Eric Matthews?

Eric Matthews real name is Will Friedle. And I love that movie. The second best disney channel movei of all time (the first being My Date With The Presidents Daughter). But I don't think that was the name. I know it the Angels though.

EDIT- I just watched a clip and yes the teams name is the Annapolis Angels.

jNTsTyQ.png

Seems to me the real Blue Angels script would be a better choice as your wordmarks. Except that would make it look like the 4 diamond pilots and the #5 solo were the starters and the other solo and show narrator were the reserves. :D

First of all...that's just wrong, Russ. ^_^

Second...let me chime in here.

Speaking subjectively, the homer in me takes a little bit of an offense to your choice of names and imagery, being that the Blue Angels flight team is based in my hometown (Pensacola, FL)--but that's just the civic pride talking. On the other side, it's cool that you do choose to use the Blue Angels imagery...that means they done left an impression on you. =D

Aside from all that...as far as the concept itself, you probably would be better off using a modified version of the Blue Angels script mark as the wordmark on your jersey. I do like what you're doing as far as using only blue and yellow, though a piece of me wonders how a scant bit of white trim would look with this set. You got a good start, though.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

First of all...that's just wrong, Russ. ^_^

Second...let me chime in here.

Speaking subjectively, the homer in me takes a little bit of an offense to your choice of names and imagery, being that the Blue Angels flight team is based in my hometown (Pensacola, FL)--but that's just the civic pride talking. On the other side, it's cool that you do choose to use the Blue Angels imagery...that means they done left an impression on you. =D

Aside from all that...as far as the concept itself, you probably would be better off using a modified version of the Blue Angels script mark as the wordmark on your jersey. I do like what you're doing as far as using only blue and yellow, though a piece of me wonders how a scant bit of white trim would look with this set. You got a good start, though.

BINGO... Annapolis has no real connection the the Blue Angels except most of the pilots would have went there and they do the fly over at commencement, and a few other events.

If you were going to name your team Annapolis, you should google Annapolis and see what else is relevant. But the Blue Angels are not it.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived