Various hockey concepts...

elliott

******NOTE*******

Thrashers + Flyers on page 1, Blue Jackets + Blackhawks + Sharks on page 2, Blackhawks and Sharks updates on page 3, Kings + Islanders on page 4, Blues + update + Penguins on page 5, Penguins update + Capitals (NEW) on page 6

I think this is actually my 5th Thrashers concept but I probably haven't done one in a year or so. I started out wanting to eliminate maroon. Just to simplify the color scheme, I guess...I focused on navy and yellow, with accents of light blue. The primary logo is tweaked. I got rid of some of the detail on the right side, and got rid of orange (along with the maroon). The uniforms are relatively simple, I actually based them on one of my old Thrashers concepts but I guarantee no one remembers it except me lol. It's actually a lot different then this aforementioned concept, it's way more refined, but the general idea is the same. Nothing really else to say about the uniforms that you can't figure out yourself. Number font is custom. That's about it...the alternate I went the obvious route with light blue, with a simplified arm striping scheme. I don't know if I would necessarily want this striping for the Thrashers, but overall, I personally would like to see them with navy home and light blue alt.

Thrashers2009-Home.gif

Thrashers2009-Road.gif

Thrashers2009-Alt.gif

Thanks for any and all comments.

(Here is the original concept I mentioned before, keep in mind I was a total noob when I did it haha.)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the home and away would look better with gold arrows and blue piping, instead of vice-versa. The general idea looks like, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Im loving the striping pattern you used. Its unique and it fits the Thrashers. I like the colours but a little bit of maroon wouldn't hurt it in my opinion.

Great work though, the alt. looks sharp.

beLEAF

Pretty solid concept altogether, BUT asa someone who wears Trashers' unis in rec. hockey I say: it NEEDS the burgundy/Maroon....

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

With you getting rid of the maroon. I think the four colors left work really well with the secondary logo. For me I think with the colors used that would work really nice as the primary logo. I also love the stripping pattern and think its a great look for them. Hey and its "Blueland", so no maroon works out well.

Pretty decent, though I'd make a couple minor changes myself. I'd make the bands on the arms and hem of the jersey go gold/blue/gold (adding the extra gold) and center the blue design element in the middle.

OR

If you didn't go with that and wanted to keep just the gold/blue/blank going on, I'd make the cuffs of both jerseys blue (basically an extension of the blue).

As for the alternate, I'd start over. There's really not anything I like about it. It seems like it lacks a contrasting color with the white and that shade of blue. I think the yellow on white design also gets lost.

For some reason I don't like what you did with any of the socks either. For the home and away I'd add a band of light blue on them to play off the design of the jerseys and the third socks don't even seem to match the jersey at all. They look more like incomplete Penguins (alternate) socks.

^^Thanks guys.

I am still working on an update for the home and away, I did a few tweaks, mostly listening to suggestions but nothing looked better than what I have now, in my opinion.

But in the mean time I did a new alt design. Any thoughts?

Thrashers2009Alt-2.gif

Thrashers2009Alt-2.gif

Overall I like this alot better then your original alternate.

You made the light blue and dark blue work perfectly together.

One thing that is bugging me is the numbers, the 1 and 7 look really off.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

I like the new alternate jersey the most. Really clean, but has a lot of individuality. That T logo is still the best one, way better than their primary. I'd recommend using it on the home and road. I'd recommend outlining the number in yellow on the alt. Currently, there's not much yellow to balance out all the white. Nice work here, and I have no real complaints on the home and road other than getting rid of that chest logo, which I consider the worst in the NHL (alongside the Ducks and Sabres).

scotland_fifasig.png

Great googly moggly! I like this! The colour combination looks tremendous. Though on your most recent alternate concept, I would have the dark blue continue down the cuff. Also, I think a change of number font might be in order. I think using their current font would be awesome! Overall though, nice work, elliott!

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Allright, I've been in the mood for a little hockey, so I'll just be throwing a few ideas out here for the next few days, nothing major, just a few concepts for fun (no rebrands).

I like the direction the Flyers are going with orange. But I'm not incredibly fond of either of the templates they use. So I went sort of the minimalist route here, just 2 simple stripes is the overall theme. I know the chest stripe is kinda a Canadians thing, but oh well.

Flyers2009.gif

I am not quite sure what hockey traditionalists will make of them, but I quite like those Flyers unis. I think its a good way of making a clear identity for the team. You'd know it was the Flyers you were watching, home or away!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I love that Flyers set. IMO the colors are so different from the Habs' that it wouldn't be a problem to have the chest striping. Really, really beautiful stuff. One thing I'd recommend is having the stripes go right up to the numbers. As it is now, there's a little space there that looks strange, and in between the 4 and the 8 there's a little bit of color poking out. It's almost like there's an extra outline. Fix that, and you're golden!

scotland_fifasig.png

Archived