Various hockey concepts...

elliott

Sorry Elliot but this is a huge downgrade. The striping pattern is really modern and the numbers look terrible with no outline. The logo doesnt suit the new colours you chose and the whole concept doesnt fit the Sharks.

I disagree with you actually. Sure, the Sharks have nice stripes on there uniforms now, but is that traditional pattern really representative of a new modern team like the Sharks? When I think Sharks, I think ocean and waves, and thus I think of blue colors and curvy designs. Which is what I went after here. And when you add the shark fin thing I feel it represents the Sharks well. Thanks for the comments though.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Sharks' home jersey needs grey/silver on it. You also need a different number font, and an outline on said numbers. There isn't a huge difference between sky blue and white- a black outline is a must.

I like the curves on the jersey, but you definitely need to swap around the colours on the jerseys so that they match better, because right now it just looks wrong.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Elliott-I think the smooth lines of the Sharks jersey are a lot better than the traditional striping style they currently use. As others have said, the home jersey needs gray and outlines on the numbers and letters.

I love the redo on the Blackhawks logo. I always thought it should be updated to eliminate the unnecessary colors. I don't think the jersey needs the gold color but it was good to think outside the box.

If you keep making concepts, I'll keep watching.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Well, I watched a little of the Sharks game last night, and on the players thumbnail pictures on my tv screen the jerseys looked rather light blue as opposed to teal, which was the basic inspiration behind this concept. I went with a sky blue, I guess you could call it that, black, and a small amount of medium-tone silver, dropping yellow for a color scheme much more like their last one. As you can see, I tweaked the logo, getting rid of the triple outline on the triangle, some of the bits of stick flying off, and also editing the stick to make it less cartoony. The striping scheme is based off a shark fin, hopefully you see it because that is what I was concentrating on. Then I just got a little crazy, so it might be my most interesting template of the thread. The road features some unexpected color substitutions, adding some gray, which is sort of reminiscent of the pre edge jerseys. The font for the numbers I believe is called alexandria, and the NOB font is called aldo semibold, I think. The sleeves were already somewhat cluttered so I elected to leave off a shoulder logo.

Comments are appreciated. Also a few more comments would be nice for the Blackhawks; when it was posted all of the interest seemed to be on one of patsox's crappy concepts, and I think this one merits a few more. I am going to make a few edits to it in the coming days, possibly dropping yellow from the jersey striping.

Thanks for viewing guys.

Sharks2009.gif

that is a beautiful Sharks concept!!! all it needs is some black added to the name and numbers on the backs

The back of the jersey sort of looks like an unfinished ripoff of the Jaguars jersey teaser.

If you say you are going to ignore me you might as well do it. If you are going to un-ignore me or whatever to post you might as well give helpful criticism. In no way does this help me improve this concept. Or am I too arrogant to want C+C?

Here is an update.

Sharks2009-2.gif

The back of the jersey sort of looks like an unfinished ripoff of the Jaguars jersey teaser.

If you say you are going to ignore me you might as well do it. If you are going to un-ignore me or whatever to post you might as well give helpful criticism. In no way does this help me improve this concept. Or am I too arrogant to want C+C?

Here is an update.

Sharks2009-2.gif

I un-ignored you a while ago.

I'm just calling it like I see it, Elliott. And my comment should tell you that you need to use a different number font. The "1" looks to be std block while the 9 has rounded edges. That screams laziness to me. Also that gray color really makes the jerseys look washed out.

Here is an update.

img

I'm just calling it like I see it, Elliott. And my comment should tell you that you need to use a different number font. The "1" looks to be std block while the 9 has rounded edges. That screams laziness to me. Also that gray color really makes the jerseys look washed out.

A. Your comment did not tell me that, simply because I haven't really been reading the jaguars thread, I just have been checking for images.

B. Well, the font isn't custom. So I guess it has some straight and rounded edges, like many fonts. This is what the entire thing looks like:

sharksfont.gif

C. Laziness? I intended the font to be like it was originally. It had a purpose, to 1. be simple to bring out the side design even more and 2. to not have outlines because the rest of the design didn't feature any piping, so I didn't think it matched if it had outlines. I tried to make the design of the numbers flow with the rest of it. And obviously it lacked contrast and didn't look great and everyone recognized that, so I changed it. But having a purpose for each individual design element does not strike me as lazy. Your jays canada day jersey, well that's a different story.

D. I think you are nitpicking here to find faults in this concept. Now I'm not saying it's perfect, but saying that one number is curved and the other is straight, well, did you consider the fact that many modern fonts in existence do the same thing? Look at the Texans, Titans, and other teams....they have the same thing with 1s and 9s. 1s are generally straight in the first place. Listen, it's obvious that you don't like me, which I honestly don't really care about, because I don't like you, but if you are going to comment on my concepts please don't look at the username before the design, so to speak.

Here is an update.

img

A. Your comment did not tell me that, simply because I haven't really been reading the jaguars thread, I just have been checking for images.

B. Well, the font isn't custom. So I guess it has some straight and rounded edges, like many fonts. This is what the entire thing looks like:

sharksfont.gif

C. Laziness? I intended the font to be like it was originally. It had a purpose, to 1. be simple to bring out the side design even more and 2. to not have outlines because the rest of the design didn't feature any piping, so I didn't think it matched if it had outlines. I tried to make the design of the numbers flow with the rest of it. And obviously it lacked contrast and didn't look great and everyone recognized that, so I changed it. But having a purpose for each individual design element does not strike me as lazy. Your jays canada day jersey, well that's a different story.

D. I think you are nitpicking here to find faults in this concept. Now I'm not saying it's perfect, but saying that one number is curved and the other is straight, well, did you consider the fact that many modern fonts in existence do the same thing? Look at the Texans, Titans, and other teams....they have the same thing with 1s and 9s. 1s are generally straight in the first place. Listen, it's obvious that you don't like me, which I honestly don't really care about, because I don't like you, but if you are going to comment on my concepts please don't look at the username before the design, so to speak.

- I have no idea why you mentioned my Jays concept. That's completely irrelevant.

- I had no idea that was anything but a custom font

- I am nitpicking. I'd like to see a perfect concept. If you are attempting to make anything but a perfect concept, then you are in fact being lazy IMO.

- Just because other teams have :censored: ty fonts, doesn't make it alright for you to use one and get away with it. You're better than that.

- I don't dislike you.

- I have no idea why you mentioned my Jays concept. That's completely irrelevant.

- I am nitpicking. I'd like to see a perfect concept. If you are attempting to make anything but a perfect concept, then you are in fact being lazy IMO.

- Just because other teams have :censored: ty fonts, doesn't make it alright for you to use one and get away with it. You're better than that.

- I don't dislike you.

:lol:

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

- I don't dislike you.

This smiley has been quoted for truth.

Patsox, 2 more things, 1, don't be a hipocrit, 2, I rather like the Texans font and other modern fonts and I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to be like them.

Look, I'm not going to get in another b**chfest with you like last time. I'll be quite honest here. I don't like you, partly because of recent instigations, and a few other reasons including your conflicting views on your concepts and other peoples concepts, exemplified above. I know you don't like me, you don't have to deny it, you have made that quite clear, why, I'm not entirely sure, but I can live with that because I know many people on this board do like me. Just know that, like I said, if you do comment on my threads, I want you to be rational with your suggestions and see the concept for what it is. That is all.

- I don't dislike you.

Patsox, 2 more things, 1, don't be a hipocrit, 2, I rather like the Texans font and other modern fonts and I don't think it is necessarily a bad thing to be like them.

Look, I'm not going to get in another b**chfest with you like last time. I'll be quite honest here. I don't like you, partly because of recent instigations, and a few other reasons including your conflicting views on your concepts and other peoples concepts, exemplified above. I know you don't like me, you don't have to deny it, you have made that quite clear, why, I'm not entirely sure, but I can live with that because I know many people on this board do like me. Just know that, like I said, if you do comment on my threads, I want you to be rational with your suggestions and see the concept for what it is. That is all.

Hypocrite*

- I don't dislike you.

Hypocrite*

My apologies.

Blackhawks, sans yellow.

Blackhawks2009-2.gif

I think the Sharks update is great. I like everything about and I'm glad you fixed the numbers, it looks way better.

The Blackhawks set looks like its lacking something. I'm not sure what it is, but it looks plain.

Oh and patsox, you're a douche.

g4104.png

Archived