Various hockey concepts...

elliott

I completed the Kings yesterday, I went back to the shield logo because I like how it bring in different elements of hockey, California, and royalty. The crown stays as a patch, really I think it functions better that way but that's just my opinion. The most obvious thing here is the return to purple and yellow. As you know no team has a purple home jersey in the nhl, so I thought that uniqueness would be good, and it ties in with the Lakers, I don't know if that is good or not. But I did think the color combination, while used more often in other sports, would be a nice change for the NHL. I kept the striping pattern consistent throughout the shoulders, hem, pants and arms, but the most yellow is in the arm, so you focus a little bit more on that, the striping on the hem especially is smaller. Finally, the number font is tweaked just a little bit, but using the one they use now is probably the way I would go if you are wondering what the other 9 numbers look like.

I'm probably going to be wrapping up this thread soon, this may or may not be my last concept, possibly an Islanders one is upcoming, but I want to get back to doing some MLB rebrands. I'm planning a Mets rebrand as we speak, so (if you care) look out for that.

Black alt is not out of the question. Black and silver, gretzky style, like they have now. Or would that be too, well, random, considering the purple and yellow scheme? Tell me what you think about that. C+C is welcome and appreciated.

Kings2009.gif

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Kings set looks amazingly better than their current set, but there are some contrasting styles in the set regarding the striping and the numbers. The striping seems to flow and works together very well, while the numbers are blocky and seem clumsy if that makes sense. I know it is their current number font, but a block would work better here, or possibly another font to match the striping. The logo contrasts a little, but it could fly.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

The only problem with most of these is the stitching. They all look really cool (except the Flyers because orange can't beat black and gold!). If these were ever made, though, there would be so much stitching it would be uncomfortable.

As a concept they are AMAZING. You definitely should not change your style. The creativeness adds to the sweaters very well. Excellent job on all of these

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

The Kings is absolutely gorgeous!!!

I can't say for sure since my laptop's screen's not displaying the colours wery well, but I'd go even more bright on the yellow and purple. circa 80s.

GREAT WORK!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The only problem with most of these is the stitching. They all look really cool (except the Flyers because orange can't beat black and gold!). If these were ever made, though, there would be so much stitching it would be uncomfortable.

As a concept they are AMAZING. You definitely should not change your style. The creativeness adds to the sweaters very well. Excellent job on all of these

In theory you are right about the stitching, but keep in mind that the players don't feel it over the pads, and believe it or not I have 2 edge jerseys with complicated designs (anaheim and all-star) and the way they manufacture it, you don't feel the stitching, there is like fabric in between and it isn't uncomfortable. Maybe reebok actually did that right! Still, good point. And I'm glad you like them.

The Kings is absolutely gorgeous!!!

I can't say for sure since my laptop's screen's not displaying the colours wery well, but I'd go even more bright on the yellow and purple. circa 80s.

GREAT WORK!!!

What I did for the colors was take the yellow from the 80s but pair it with the shade of purple they use now.

Alt is coming, possibly. I'm still looking into an Islander design so stay tuned for a little while longer...

The Kings set looks amazing Elliott. I like the return to gold and purple, it looks very classy. My only suggestion (and it's for the logo not the unifrom) is that you have a yellow outline on the lion figure in the middle of the crest. I think it would look better with either a much smaller outline or no outline at all.

jNTsTyQ.png

I'd switch the crest to the shoulder and the crown to the chest. To me, any Kings jersey aside from the Gretzky era has to have the crown on the front.

I really like this concept, and would love it after the change.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Like the Kings design. Big fan of the Gretzky era jerseys but these are cool.

As for the Blackhawks, I agree with the one guy, they look too much like the Flames. However if the Flames would go back to the 80's Cup Style it wouldn't contrast.

wingssuck.jpg

Courtesy of PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

I just wanted to leave a generic "these concepts are awesome" comment. I hope you have something in mind for the Pens because I'd love to see what you would come up with.

Thrashers alt is incredible. I like the idea of eliminating the burgundy, since they're so committed to the blueland idea this would be a great way to establish an identity.

Flyers - wow, I agree that it makes you think for a second about the Canadiens but not enough to nullify the pure brilliance. They stand on their own. Probably my favorite so far.

The Jackets away is awesome. The style sort of says "all-star uniform" to me, which might bother some people but I like it. I agree with whomever mentioned changing the gray collar to white.

I like what you are trying to do with the Blackhawks but I concur with the person who thinks it looks a little too Calgary Flames. I feel like it needs at least one of those colors back somewhere, perhaps some subtle green?

I actually prefer your first Sharks concept to the update. I think the black outline clogs things up a bit. Love the shade of teal, though.

Great work.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

• 2 months later...

Hello all, I have been inspired to do a few hockey concepts by dgmnrwrw, he is doing a great job and I have done 3 rebrands in the past few days. I'm excited to show them along with a new layout.

I'll get back to doing baseball shortly, right now I'm working on a Mets update but there will plenty more baseball, believe me, I just like doing hockey concepts way more, quite frankly.

Here are the two logos that inspired this concept, for reference: Fisherman/font | Lighthouse

The Islanders is inspired by their fisherman era logos, but with my style added to it, really. I can't say it's a complete rebrand. The primary is the same lighthouse, but not leaned over, I made it straight up and down, lost some of the detail, and put a different looking light. The secondary is the fisherman with the waves cutting him off, and the crest is simply the lighthouse. I used the three different color waves in the logo, you will notice that the same pattern appears in the jerseys, creating a pretty unique striping pattern all around. The font is a basic block but with the drop shadow style found on the primary font. I brought out an orange alt with a more traditional striping pattern but the same logo.

Islanders2009.gif

Islanders2009_h.gif

Islanders2009_a.gif

Islanders2009_alt.gif

Comment welcome, I hope you like it, I have two more coming, Blues, which is more of an update, and Penguins, which is a complete rebrand that took some major time.

Glad to see this thread brought back,

The lighthouse works great as a logo on the jersey, my only gripe with the concept is the Islanders' three wave thing beneath the font and the fisherman. It probably won't bother most people but it just screams Aquafresh to me, haha. I also prefer the simpler sleeve striping on the alternate, but you do encourage other people to be creative with their concepts and you definitely walk the walk.

It probably won't bother most people but it just screams Aquafresh to me

I've thought the same thing since day one.

I really like the Islanders concept. Even though you have gray on the logos, you don't need to add gray to the uniforms. The gray clutters up the jerseys for me. I like the return of the fisherman. I like how you simplified the logo by getting rid of the net behind him. I find the jersey designs really cool and I'd like to see them in action.

Great work, keep it up.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Archived