The Trifecta Competition

JayJaxon

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ya, we dont need to vote, just choose 1stdowncreatives and get on with it :P

He didnt post all the entrees, cause I sent mine in (even though I'll probably lose :P), also we dont vote, Jay and chestnutz do.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Firefly, Jay didn't send yours to me because you had already gone through I guess. BigMike, never got anythin from you, not sure about Jay though.

Sadly william, these are the only entries. Pretty disappointing to say the least, and it's actually a shame a guy like you, who definitely could be in the finals, doesn't get a chance because other people don't submit anything. Pretty lame.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Firefly, Jay didn't send yours to me because you had already gone through I guess. BigMike, never got anythin from you, not sure about Jay though.

Sadly william, these are the only entries. Pretty disappointing to say the least, and it's actually a shame a guy like you, who definitely could be in the finals, doesn't get a chance because other people don't submit anything. Pretty lame.

I sent mine to Jay, because I got a reply from him, I can foward the pm to you if you'd like me too but I did send my entry to Jay.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Whoops, didn't see this one.

bigmike presents the Orlando Aviators

"The name actually came from a name that a owner in my fantasy football league was going to use for an Orlando team, he ended up becoming the owner of a different team instead so the Avaitors never recieved logos, or jerseys and never saw the light of day. However I decided to use this name for my NFL Expansion team, I kept the logo very very simple, supposed to represent a Aviator pen or symbol, with gold wings under a blue circle w/ a A representing Aviators, the main colors or Blue and Gold, with Red as a trim/secondary color. The colors kind of reflect the former XFL's Orlando Rage by using the same Red and Blue but a different shade of Gold. i first was going to go with a simple classy uniform but the NFL does not have many different uniform designs, so I used another style jersey I made for one of the fantasy teams in my league but with some tweaks. The pants can be switched around. The rest preety much explains itself."

Orlando Aviators logo sheet

Orlando Aviators home uniform

Orlando Aviators away uniform

spacer.png

I'm certainly not up for voting in this round but I turned in a NFL design for giggles. Would it be alright if I posted it or should I PM you with the entry I sent to Jay?

Speaking of voting, when are we seeing who advances?

-I really like the Swift. Love the uniforms, dig the logo.

-The Knockers' helmets are pretty nifty.

-Aviators have very solid looking uniforms.

Sorry for the delay ya'll, wasn't sure when I was supposed to post this.

FIRST PLACE: 1stdowncreative's San Antonio Swift

I absolutely love everything about this concept. It could definitely contend with Firefly's last winner for best concept so far. The logo is brilliantly executed. The uniform striping I'm in love with, very well done. The only thing I could stand to see improved is the wordmarks. They just don't seem too professional, a bit too "furry" for my tastes.

SECOND PLACE: burgundyskins' Utah Knockers

This was a close one, couldn't decide between this or chickenfish's. Both are similar to me quality wise. In the end, the uniforms decided it for me. I just hate the numbers on the Crossers, they kill it for me. The logos also look a bit hypnotic, which I'm not digging. So it goes to the Knockers. The colors I'm not a big fan of, the primary logo just looks weird with those colors. But the wordmark is very nice, as is the alternate. The piping on the uniform could be improved, just seems like piping for the sake of piping.

Thanks to all of those who submitted, it's a bit disappointing to see the low turnout, I was really looking forward to the NFL part of this competition.

spacer.png

I'm having problems coming up with a team name for baltimore, anyone have ideas? I already looked on wikipedia. Thanks for your help. I thought about mob, but thought that might be too soccer ish. Or would that work? Baltimore is nicknamed Mob City.

Isn't it a little late to be coming up with a team name? Anyway for Baltimore remember that Baltimore is a sea port, so something 'waterish' would be good. Also it is home to some amazing architecture.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

I'm having problems coming up with a team name for baltimore, anyone have ideas? I already looked on wikipedia. Thanks for your help. I thought about mob, but thought that might be too soccer ish. Or would that work? Baltimore is nicknamed Mob City.

Something to do with Horse racing, or shelfish.

It's also home to...well, ME. Call 'em the Baltimore Jiggas.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Jay has encountered a little problem, and he can't get on the CCSLC from Iraq. So, if all of you could send the entries from now on (until he/I say otherwise) to MY e-mail. If you've already sent yours in, I'd appreciate you resending it to me as well.

my email is:

iErikas@aol.com

THanks.

spacer.png

After a crazy few days of not being able to get on the boards, I'm back. But just in case that happens again, go ahead and send the concepts to both of us. Here is my e-mail:

jayjackson3@yahoo.com

Thanks Chestnutz6 for keeping everything together while I continue to work all of this craziness. :)

Archived