The Trifecta Competition

JayJaxon

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's my first basketball logo ever.

Yours would definately go through the next round if they count in IMO. Look's awesome. If it doesnt count you should just post the logos and uniforms as a seperate concept, I would love to see the uniforms if you did any. Otherwise Philroy has my #1, raysox #2.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Okay, once again, Jay or logoman haven't voted, so I guess I'll just put up my thoughts. I'll make it short and sweet.

1st - philroy's Blizzard

By far the best of the bunch, not taking anything away from any other competitors. It's one of the best we've seen in the competition, and I'm willing to forget that it was 2 minutes late or whatever. The uniforms are creative, the logos are clean and original, everything is just spot on.

2nd - raysox' Tampa Tide

This was a tough decision for me, very hard. I was torn between this and chickenfish's. In the end, I think I've seen much better from CS, and his uniforms were bland and boring. I really like the Tide's uniforms, and although it was all done in paint, it's still pretty solid.

---------

I'll also take this time to announce that we'll be skipping the NHL round. Instead, the next round will be a 7 man final round. I'll post what all of your objectives will be as soon as Jay and I work everything out. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be recognized out of the 7 finalists.

You read right as well, it'll be 7. Because submissions have been down lately, we're going to add a wild card finalist, in order to really make sure the best designer wins, and to maybe push everyone to put out their best effort. Jay and I (and logoman, though admittedly I have not heard anything from him for the entire competition) will decide on the 7th man, based on all submissions that weren't voted in the top 2 of their round.

Thanks for being patient.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Alright, so jay has agreed and the final 6 have been confirmed! philroy and raysox will move on to the finals, so here's how it looks:

Firefly

raysox

Crash

philroy

1stdowncreative

burgundyskins

Now, that's not the final 6. There will be more (1 or 2). Jay and I will pick a contestant who didn't make it through to the finals because their round was extremely tough, and we feel they deserve to be in, in order to make sure the best wins and to raise the competitiveness (and in case some other finalists are unable to submit their concept).

PMs have been sent to them.

NOW, here's the objective for the final round:

MAKE A CONCEPT FOR A PROFESSIONAL TEAM DEEMED "UNTOUCHABLE"

There are some American teams that have kept the same identity for so long, that anything else would be considered a downgrade, just because it's so out of the norm for them. These teams are untouchable in some minds, but hey, this is a competition, so everyone has to use their creative side here. Each contestant must pick ONE (1) of the following teams and create a new identity for them.

This includes:

-Logos (COMPLETELY NEW, no recolors or use of current logos. Past logos may be used as a SLIGHT INSPIRATION, but you can't just take the old logo and use it for your concept. You must have a primary, secondary, and wordmark. Tertiary or other logos are fine, but not required.)

-Uniforms (again, must be a NEW uniform design, no recycling what they currently use with a minor tweak. BE CREATIVE!)

-You are NOT required to have anything else, but you can throw in a marketing design, stadium, field/court design, anything you want.

Here is the list of teams you must choose from:

Green Bay Packers

Oakland Raiders

Pittsburgh Steelers

New York Yankees

Boston Celtics

LA Lakers

Detroit Red Wings

Toronto Maple Leafs

You will be given a bit more time for this, and the due date for submissions will be FRIDAY, JUNE 26 at 11:59 PM EST

Please send your submissions to

iErikas@aol.com

and

jayjackson3@yahoo.com

Send an attachment of your image, a description (if you want to), and a direct link to it (i.e. photobucket) would be great as well.

Thanks for your patience!

spacer.png

Okay, once again, Jay or logoman haven't voted, so I guess I'll just put up my thoughts. I'll make it short and sweet.

1st - philroy's Blizzard

By far the best of the bunch, not taking anything away from any other competitors. It's one of the best we've seen in the competition, and I'm willing to forget that it was 2 minutes late or whatever. The uniforms are creative, the logos are clean and original, everything is just spot on.

2nd - raysox' Tampa Tide

This was a tough decision for me, very hard. I was torn between this and chickenfish's. In the end, I think I've seen much better from CS, and his uniforms were bland and boring. I really like the Tide's uniforms, and although it was all done in paint, it's still pretty solid.

I'm not trying to call you out on your judging here but you kind of make it sound like he almost didn't win just because he used paint. I think that takes away from the contest because it's suggesting if you use paint your not going to have a good shot at winning, especially in the final round. I don't think that's fair because I think raysox logos were alot better than Chickenfishes in the NBA round. I'm not trying to take away from C-fish at all because he has been a good competitor in this competion and he deserves alot of consideration for that but I dont think he should get automatic consideration over a paint user just because he has a vector program. I'm not bickering about my NFL round concept either because I know I did a very poor job with the logo compared to c-fish, and the others. I just think that the way you made that judgement sound it's like c-fish almost beat raysox just because he had a better program, and that's not fair IMO. Again I'm not trying to call you out, that's just the way I took what you are saying even though you said his was preety solid, sorry to go on a rant and I'm not trying to think less of you Chestnutz.

Hey Chestnutz, are the 1 or 2 who were picked to come back confidential, or could you tell us? I obviously am not (didnt get a PM), I am just curious to see who got a second chance. Imo, their were many contestants who could have a second chance.

Also, Bigmike, I agree that the program doesn't make a difference, and I agree that my logos and uniforms may not have been up to some others. Some of the best concepts on here have been done in paint.

Hey Chestnutz, are the 1 or 2 who were picked to come back confidential, or could you tell us? I obviously am not (didnt get a PM), I am just curious to see who got a second chance. Imo, their were many contestants who could have a second chance.

Also, Bigmike, I agree that the program doesn't make a difference, and I agree that my logos and uniforms may not have been up to some others. Some of the best concepts on here have been done in paint.

Yeah again I'm not trying to take away from you cause you made some great concepts in most of the competition, and I wouldnt have been surprised if you were one of the wild card guys.

Not much to explain, so I'll just say the wildcards are elliot and eRay.

1st - philroy's Blizzard

2nd - raysox' Tampa Tide

I'm not trying to call you out on your judging here but you kind of make it sound like he almost didn't win just because he used paint. I think that takes away from the contest because it's suggesting if you use paint your not going to have a good shot at winning, especially in the final round. I don't think that's fair because I think raysox logos were alot better than Chickenfishes in the NBA round. I'm not trying to take away from C-fish at all because he has been a good competitor in this competion and he deserves alot of consideration for that but I dont think he should get automatic consideration over a paint user just because he has a vector program. I'm not bickering about my NFL round concept either because I know I did a very poor job with the logo compared to c-fish, and the others. I just think that the way you made that judgement sound it's like c-fish almost beat raysox just because he had a better program, and that's not fair IMO. Again I'm not trying to call you out, that's just the way I took what you are saying even though you said his was preety solid, sorry to go on a rant and I'm not trying to think less of you Chestnutz.

I hear what you're saying, but it wasn't just because of him having a vector program. Obviously, submissions should be CLEAN. Paint users are at a disadvantage because it's less clean. Hell, dgnmrew (or whatever his name is) did some FANTASTIC concepts in paint. The reason it was close is not because of paint, it's cause I didn't like raysox's logos that much more than chickenfish. It could have been done better. That said, he's still in the finals, and I wish him luck.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Friendly reminder: Submissions are due this FRIDAY at midnight (or, well, just before midnight)!!!

I've only gotten one submission so far, so I hope you all are just using the time remaining to make your concept AWESOME.

You can turn them in at any point, so just do it when you're ready.

spacer.png

Archived