The Trifecta Competition

JayJaxon

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gonna abstain from voting but I thought I would comment on everyone's.

-Philroy-I like this one, the jerseys do seem a little boring but I like the road. The cn tower rendering is very nice. But I don't see the T.

-raysox-this is probably your best concept ever, still, I don't like the color scheme. It just doesn't feel right, and the two reds are barely different, so the maroon shorts look a little weird. I think you are on to something with that logo, but the tire reminds me more of a monster truck than a normal car, which is what I would prefer. I do like this, though.

-1stdown-excellent rendering of a guy, but, I mean, what is he doing? He's just sittin there, looking like a supervisor or something. It's a good logo but it just seems way too static, for the packers I would want to see a hard working guy with some cheese, I don't know, that's just what I've envisioned. That font rocks, though.

-eRay-it's ok, but seems a little boring, the star needs some spice. The primary logo is probably the best part, I actually love the way that LA looks. But then it goes downhill a little with the script, it looks kinda basic for a script, and I don't really like the way you did the star on the jerseys. The piping seems good, but the number font would be cooler if it was more in the style of the LA.

-burgundyskins-It's cool that you tried something new, but I don't really like it, the script looks very handdrawn, it needs some major work, and the cap logo needs a little more interaction between letters. The bp seems way overdesigned. The idea of red white and blue, though, is good.

Philroy- I actually loved this set. The only thing that didn't excite me was the jerseys. Good work.

1stDown- I like the word mark, and the guy. I don't like that the yellow looks faded, I like the bolder yellow they use now. Also the jerseys arn't doing anything for me. Does anyone think the guy looks like Billy Mays?

eRay- Sorry, but this set is very boring. I understand what you were trying to do, but it just seems like it lacks something.

elliot- The primary is waaaaaay too cluttered, also the leaf is too jagged for my taste. The jerseys are good, but I don't like the alternate.

burgundyskins- It was a good try, but it doesn't say Yankees to me. The logos are pretty good, but the one thing that got me was the loss of pinstripes on the home.

1. Philroy

2. 1stDownCreative

3. Raysox

usajohnson.gif

98% of people claim to have "brought sexy back." Well, I'm the 2% that never left.

Hometown Heroes

Dallas Stars- Brenden Morrow // Marty Turco // Loui Erikkson

Dallas Mavericks- Dirk Nowitzki // Jason Kidd // Jason Terry

Dallas Cowboys- Terrell Owens // DeMarcus Ware // Terence Newman // Felix Jones

Texas Rangers- Ian Kinsler // Elvis Andrus // Marlon Byrd

1) 1stdowncreative- this is awesome. The "cuts" in the wordmark and numbers are a really cool way to remember the old

2) raysox- great update on a classic logo. The idea behind the logos etc. saved you from slipping IMO because half of the stuff is vectorized but half is still painty which looks strange

3) elliot- really cool update. The only major flaw I see is in the primary it reads "MTL" so I kept thinking in my head Montreal. <_< And as a bruins fan, I dissaprove.

RedSox2.pngCeltics.pngVikings.pngBruins.png

BOSTON.png

avatar by crkraider22, signature by crkraider22 and chestnutz

1. Green Bay Packers - 1stDownCreative

2. Toronto Maple Leafs - Philroy

3. Toronto Maple Leafs - Elliot

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

1) 1stdowncreative- this is awesome. The "cuts" in the wordmark and numbers are a really cool way to remember the old

2) raysox- great update on a classic logo. The idea behind the logos etc. saved you from slipping IMO because half of the stuff is vectorized but half is still painty which looks strange

3) elliot- really cool update. The only major flaw I see is in the primary it reads "MTL" so I kept thinking in my head Montreal. <_< And as a bruins fan, I dissaprove.

I still don't think we should be counted against if we use paint b/c it looks a little sloppier b/c everyone here should still be able to get what the concept is.

6fQjS3M.png

Alright, the votes have been tallied, and your winner is.....................

1ST DOWN CREATIVE!!!

Congradulations man, it's well deserved. I'll leave jay to decide where it goes from here, but I'd like to thank everyone who participated and voted in the whole competition, I'd say it was a relative success and we got to see some phenomenal concepts and some progression by some of the younger members.

Here were the final tallies:

1. 1stDownCreative - 30

2. elliot - 18

3. philroy - 14

4. raysox - 7

5. eRay - 4

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Archived