The Trifecta Competition

JayJaxon

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm gonna have to drop out of this. I had a good idea for a logo on paper, but my scanner decided to not be working today :mad: , so somebody else can take the Buffalo MLB team.

Dude, um, you have plenty of time, your scanner will probably be working tomorrow.

Maybe, but I doubt it, the thing is ten years old and it won't even turn on.

Do you have a digital camera? That would also work.

1. I don't think people should have multiple teams as of now. People still might want to join in. And if they see a city that they want but it is taken by someone who has claimed 3, is that really fair? I think people who are currently signed up for multiple should choose one, and then if no new people take it, or there are slots left after a while, then they can take over. But now, I don't think it's fair to prospective competitors.

I agree with elliott here, but I also got the impression that if I wasn't successful in the first round, I'd be able to try again in the next and so on. This doesn't work if all the NBA and NFL teams have already been claimed, so I assumed that more than one person could choose a specific team. The reason I decided to have a go at this is because I'd get a shot at three sports I've never made a concept for, and there really is something for everyone. But if I've already been locked out of the next rounds, well that's pretty disappointing.

1. I don't think people should have multiple teams as of now. People still might want to join in. And if they see a city that they want but it is taken by someone who has claimed 3, is that really fair? I think people who are currently signed up for multiple should choose one, and then if no new people take it, or there are slots left after a while, then they can take over. But now, I don't think it's fair to prospective competitors.

I agree with elliott here, but I also got the impression that if I wasn't successful in the first round, I'd be able to try again in the next and so on. This doesn't work if all the NBA and NFL teams have already been claimed, so I assumed that more than one person could choose a specific team. The reason I decided to have a go at this is because I'd get a shot at three sports I've never made a concept for, and there really is something for everyone. But if I've already been locked out of the next rounds, well that's pretty disappointing.

I see what you are saying. However, you yourself are a great designer and I think you could get a good concept in one try. I just think that if one guy on a certain skill level gets three tries, and the next guy on the same level gets one try, it's unfair. Since it is competitive, I feel that everyone should have the same opportunities

I see what you are saying. However, you yourself are a great designer and I think you could get a good concept in one try. I just think that if one guy on a certain skill level gets three tries, and the next guy on the same level gets one try, it's unfair. Since it is competitive, I feel that everyone should have the same opportunities

Would it help if I just said that the two to pass round 1 will have to drop out of rounds 2 and 3 and wait for the semi-finals? There are a ton of teams to consider and I don't want someone to feel like if they tried and failed with the MLB, that they couldn't do one of the other ones. Since the MLB is all taken up, we will have at least two weeks to discuss this whole deal before we move on to the next round. I am open to what you guys are suggesting because there are some great ideas floating around.

Kind of playing devil's advocate here, but I also sort of feel this way. Everybody did have the same opportunities in the first place. Anyone could have signed up for whatever teams they wanted when they viewed the thread. It is kind of ridiculous to ask people that signed up for two teams already(me) to give up a team and let somebody that is possibly "worse" than me take my place. Then I will come up short in the first round and have to sit the rest out because newer members have taken the rest of the spots. I understand that you want people to have a fair shake, but wasn't that what the call-what-teams-you-want thing was all about? We all had a chance to call three teams, two teams, or one team. First come, first served. I guess I just don't get it. If the second and third rounds were supposed to be made up of the losers of the first round then it would have been set up that way. I totally understand what you are saying and I respect your opinion, I just don't agree that things should go that way. Personally, I waited a while to sign up for another team because of this idea.

Look at what you've done now, I'll feel like a d*ck if I don't give up my team, and I already feel like a d*ck for ranting like this. I'd give up my NBA city without a word if I won the first round, but frankly, I'm not too confident that I can win. I guess I'll leave it at that, if I win NBA-St. Louis is up for grabs, otherwise I want to have that chance to make something nice. Sorry about all that.

Kind of playing devil's advocate here, but I also sort of feel this way. Everybody did have the same opportunities in the first place. Anyone could have signed up for whatever teams they wanted when they viewed the thread. It is kind of ridiculous to ask people that signed up for two teams already(me) to give up a team and let somebody that is possibly "worse" than me take my place. Then I will come up short in the first round and have to sit the rest out because newer members have taken the rest of the spots. I understand that you want people to have a fair shake, but wasn't that what the call-what-teams-you-want thing was all about? We all had a chance to call three teams, two teams, or one team. First come, first served. I guess I just don't get it. If the second and third rounds were supposed to be made up of the losers of the first round then it would have been set up that way. I totally understand what you are saying and I respect your opinion, I just don't agree that things should go that way. Personally, I waited a while to sign up for another team because of this idea.

Look at what you've done now, I'll feel like a d*ck if I don't give up my team, and I already feel like a d*ck for ranting like this. I'd give up my NBA city without a word if I won the first round, but frankly, I'm not too confident that I can win. I guess I'll leave it at that, if I win NBA-St. Louis is up for grabs, otherwise I want to have that chance to make something nice. Sorry about all that.

Haha, you're not a d*ck. I agree. Let's just keep things the way they are. If people wanna drop their teams in favor of someone else doing them, that is fine with me.

I honestly don't see any reason why more than one person can't do one city though. I'm gonna have all of you guys e-mail the concepts to me so nobody else but the judges will see them until after the deadline. At that point we are gonna post all the concepts and announce the winners.

How does this sound? Again, it's okay for us to tweak this a little because we have at least two weeks until the next round even starts.

Hey, you make some good points. I'm just stating my opinion, and of course you are entitled to yours. I do feel bad for you and others who would have to drop a team, though. I guess I didn't really think it through, obviously you did, I just felt like everyone having one team would simplify things. I guess the middle ground would be 2 teams tops. But I'm completely fine if Jay just ignores my thoughts and we go along as planned. It's not a huge deal for me, I'm going to stick with one team though. Jay's the organizer here, and whatever he says, goes, ultimately. I apologize for not considering the other side, but I still believe that in a competition like this, you should put out your one best concept, and hopefully you move on.

Edit, after reading Jay's post above, I say to just go along as planned. That will be for the best, definitely.

I'm dropping out of the NBA round to allow someone to take that spot.

But I'm keeping the Portland MLB and L.A. NFL spots. If someone else wants NFL L.A., perhaps Jay will add a second L.A. spot? I mean, there are two MLB, two NHL, and two NBA teams there. Two NFL teams would fit perfectly with the spirit of this challenge.

Plus I already have a concept for NFL L.A. I knew within seconds of reading this thread the first time what they'd be. Hopefully I can pull it off.

Round 1 (The MLB Round) will be due at midnight April 29th.

Guidelines for submitting your work:

You will not post your work on the board. You can either send me your concept via message or you can e-mail them to me. If you prefer to e-mail it, send me a message to obtain my e-mail address. If you e-mail it to me, make sure to include your CCSLC name along with the concept. If you want to give an explanation of your concept along with your work, feel free to do so. It's not required, but I know a lot of people like to do that.

When the clock strikes midnight (Pacific standard time) on April 29th, round 1 is over. If I don't get a message or e-mail from you before then, you are disqualified. At that time the judges will all get copies of the concepts to look at.

When the judges have made the decision, I will post all of the concepts submitted and announce the two that will advance.

The time line for Round 2 will follow shortly after.

If you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Good luck and let's get this thing underway!

I honestly don't see any reason why more than one person can't do one city though. I'm gonna have all of you guys e-mail the concepts to me so nobody else but the judges will see them until after the deadline. At that point we are gonna post all the concepts and announce the winners.

This is what I thought we would be doing. I didn't call teams in the later rounds because I thought I'd only compete in them if I lost out in the first round. But even then, it's not that I want extra chances to win, just extra chances to make concepts. I know I could do this outside the competition, but there's just something about doing it in this way that makes you think differently, and it's more fun as a result.

I'll take the Toronto NFL franchise if it has not already been taken. :D

I called dibs on it three post up, slugger.

My Bad Patsox, What's Open????

No worries.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of teams left for the taking.

:peace:

Archived