Mississippi State Road Uni Leak

amacomo

It's definitely a change...but I'm digging the change. At first I was scared off by Drew's description, and there is piping...but it's good piping.

It'll look better once the official relase come out. So far, I'm liking what I see. They won't look boring, but they won't look a damn mess.

I like that they added the silver (grey) back to the uniforms.It should look pretty sharp on the dark jersey.

Rooting for a school whose colors are crimson and gray, I'm getting pretty sick of teams that wear shades of red randomly adding gray, and thus ripping off our color scheme, even though gray isn't one of their official colors.

Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Western Kentucky, etc.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I like that they added the silver (grey) back to the uniforms.It should look pretty sharp on the dark jersey.

Rooting for a school whose colors are crimson and gray, I'm getting pretty sick of teams that wear shades of red randomly adding gray, and thus ripping off our color scheme, even though gray isn't one of their official colors.

Okay, please go away and come back when your school is actually relevant. How do you know that they are just randomly adding gray, do you know if they've had grey/silver in the past? If they have, then it's not randomly adding gray. I'm getting sick of people who are fans of teams that are scarlet and gray and haven't done anything worth mentioning and their complaining.

All they did was get the same away template all the adidas teams got last year. Horrible

Yep, so now the SEC West has two teams with almost identical uniforms, unless Arkansas completely ditches the colored-in tooth stripe and goes with the colored-in side panel.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

they arent ripping off ur color scheme at all...

temp.png

hoo hoo hoo they're ripping me off, robin. i invented crimson and grey as a color scheme. hoo hoo hoo

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

While gray or silver is not an official color, it has long been used off and on in past uniforms for Mississippi State sports. I would hardly call it "randomly adding gray, and thus ripping off our color scheme."

SignatureCCSL.png

Okay, please go away and come back when your school is actually relevant. How do you know that they are just randomly adding gray, do you know if they've had grey/silver in the past? If they have, then it's not randomly adding gray. I'm getting sick of people who are fans of teams that are scarlet and gray and haven't done anything worth mentioning and their complaining.
they arent ripping off ur color scheme at all...
hoo hoo hoo they're ripping me off, robin. i invented crimson and grey as a color scheme. hoo hoo hoo

Wow - what well thought our responses. Great arguments, all.

At least statebully actually made a point, which is that MSU has used gray in the past, which therefore isn't "random". And you're right about that - bad choice of words on my part.

Still - a shade of red plus gray is pretty much unique to tOSU and WSU. Adding gray when it is an unofficial color is just as bad as adding black, IMO. Only people don't go as crazy about it because black is the more over-used color. And as a fan of a school with that color scheme I just think that other schools jumping at the opportunity to use it are, in a sense, ripping us off. That's all. Just my opinion.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

I mentioned it was nice to see them add silver or grey back into the color scheme because in the late 70's / early 80's they used silver. When Bruce Threadgill was the QB, they had silver pants and silver outlines on the numbers and silver stripes flanking the white stripe on the helmet. It was a nice look to me. If I recall correctly, WSU uses Crimson?Cardinal?Burgundy? and Grey. MSU uses Maroon. They are both shades of red but maroon is much darker. I think it's ridiculous to make any comparison between the two universities' choice of colors based on what amounts to a non-issue.

Archived