MLB Concepts, Take II

slapshot

I cant say Im a fan of the Jays set. Their road uniform is perfect in my opinion and I think building off of that, as jayjackson said, would be the way to go.

The blue alternate isnt that good to be honest, the wordmark has no pop on the blue jersey.

Id love to see the Jays come out with a blue hat, but the black one is growing on me.

For your concepts thus far:

Red Sox: A+

Yankees: A+

Jays: C+

You made the right move with more blue, but the jerseys arent working for me.

I tried it with solid lettering (no bevels), but it didn't look right, due to the multiple outlines on the letters. The jay looked odd in the lighter blue, and with the lettering the same color as the jay, there was no separation between the two. They have to be different colors in order to work, at least the way I used them.

The beveling is also a connection to the inline lettering the team used in the past. Not the same style, but it's still somewhat related.

The current number font (Agency) wouldn't work here because none of the scripts are in that font.

I actually like the previous inlined version better, but I like the current blue jay. It would take some considerable work to combine the two styles.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update with a second Blue Jays variation, combining a modified version of the current logo and color scheme with the previous inline script...

bluejaysuniformsnew.gif

notes:

2 blues/1 black color scheme

Jay head modified to include a T-shape in the feathers (for Toronto)

inline font for numbers and script, basic MLB block for name lettering

Update with a second Blue Jays variation, combining a modified version of the current logo and color scheme with the previous inline script...

bluejaysuniformsnew.gif

notes:

2 blues/1 black color scheme

Jay head modified to include a T-shape in the feathers (for Toronto)

inline font for numbers and script, basic MLB block for name lettering

Yeah.... About the feathers, Kinda makes the Blue Jay look like a Marconi Penguin...

Macaroni_penguin.jpg

canada.png

update with Tampa (pretty much same as previous version)

tampabayraysunis.gif

notes:

changed color from navy to original dark green color for unique color scheme

used number font similar to font of scripts

idk what that thing on the blue jay's head is, but i LIKE it!

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

The "thing" on the Blue Jay's head is just a stylized feather.

And to complete the AL East, Baltimore

baltimoreoriolesunis.gif

notes (I don't have the new Baltimore script)

used late-60s era vests

arched single-color names on back

created new shoulder patch using retro Orioles logo and Maryland flag

returned stripes to stirrups

added collar striping to mimic sleeve cuff striping

I'm not too keen on sleeveless for the Orioles, maybe because I'm so accustomed to seeing them in regular jerseys. I do realize that they're a slight nod to the past, so kudos there.

I'm also liking the alternate sleeve patch, but it might look even better should you have the oriole's head flow with the flag.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

NL East, New York Mets

mewyorkmetsunis.gif

notes:

I was never bothered by the addition of black, but tried to minimize its use to drop shadows/trim

added blue alternate (instead of black)

used NY logo for road BP uniform

Pet peeve spotted in that you didn't use the O's new Baltimore script, and I have yet to see a concept that does. This creates a lack of consistency.
notes (I don't have the new Baltimore script)

Thanks for reading :P

NL East, New York Mets

mewyorkmetsunis.gif

notes:

I was never bothered by the addition of black, but tried to minimize its use to drop shadows/trim

added blue alternate (instead of black)

used NY logo for road BP uniform

perfect, other then the black birm on the road hat, either make that all blue or an orange birm. id definelty buy those BP hats if they dont the stupid ear flaps. i love that blue alt too, so much better then the black. i would like to actually see a authentic on field hat thats blue with orange birm, it would be cool the see that and i think it would pop out there.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Archived