MLB Concepts, Take II

slapshot

I like your Nationals set, I agree with your decision to stick with one logo. The one thing I would change is to carry over the bevel effect on the numbers on the red home alternate to the rest of the set. I think that alone would set the Nats apart from the rest of the sea of blue-red, red-blue teams in MLB.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
washingtonnatsunis.gif

I kept the pretzel-W. It's the first thing I think of when I hear "Washington Baseball", even though it doesn't match the rest of the identity. Never bothered me. And I think the different shades of red and blue make it not exactly a Phillies knockoff.

notes:

emphasized red, made script coloring consistent between home and road versions

minimized use of gold, except in sleeve patch (primary logo) and in beveling on alternate

removed bevels from numbers for legibility, except on alternate

added modified DC logo to stirrups

Works for me.

:D

completing the NL East, the Florida Marlins

floridamarlinsunis.gif

notes

emphasized teal

vests for home and road

minimized outlines on numbers and names

teal alternate jersey

stripes on road stirrups (home pinstriped uniforms would be too busy with striped socks)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Marlins alternate is perfect. I love the teal alternate and I would love to see them wear those in action. One thing Ive never liked about the Marlins is the pin stripes. Your Marlins concept is awesome though, great work.

beLEAF

any reason you didn't do a Miami Marlins concept?

To my knowledge, they are still the Florida Marlins.

The Nationals set I don't like at all. Way too inconsistent. Either remove all of the beveling, or keep all of it. I would say to keep it because it adds gold which is unique in the MLB, and like said before, separates it from the other blue/red teams. Other than that, the general idea isn't bad.

The Marlins set is almost perfect but there are a couple things that could be fixed. First, I would use a black hat with teal brim at home instead of the teal hat. Second, the Marlin by itself is too skinny to be on a hat by itself, it just looks wierd. Third, keep the away socks solid. They are inconsistent with the rest of the set right now, and if you are going to have striped socks, they would work better with the home set.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

any reason you didn't do a Miami Marlins concept?

To my knowledge, they are still the Florida Marlins.

The Nationals set I don't like at all. Way too inconsistent. Either remove all of the beveling, or keep all of it. I would say to keep it because it adds gold which is unique in the MLB, and like said before, separates it from the other blue/red teams. Other than that, the general idea isn't bad.

The Marlins set is almost perfect but there are a couple things that could be fixed. First, I would use a black hat with teal brim at home instead of the teal hat. Second, the Marlin by itself is too skinny to be on a hat by itself, it just looks wierd. Third, keep the away socks solid. They are inconsistent with the rest of the set right now, and if you are going to have striped socks, they would work better with the home set.

I think the beveling makes the numbers busy. That's why I limited it to the alternates, where I think it's ok to break from being 100% consistent with the home and road. If the color scheme included a darker shade of red (like the Angels), the shadows would not have been as harsh.

The fish is just on the BP cap, where again, it's ok to deviate a bit.

Striped socks and pinstripes comes across as busy to me, so that's why they're only used with the road versions. I could go plain, but I don't think there are enough striped socks in the league.

kcroyalsunis.gif

notes:

Returned arched "Kansas City" to roads (I always though the script was typed out in MS Script)

returned arched names to uniforms

emphasized gold and powder blue for BP jerseys and caps

not much else...KC's look has been fairly consistent over the years

Other than their black phase, the Royals have been pretty much unchanged. What you did here is more along the lines of what the actual club has done over the years. Sometimes small changes make a big difference. I love both BP jerseys. I don't have a problem with the old-school Kansas City wordmark on the roads because I think it fits the team just fine. Nice upgrade.

clevelandindiansunis.gif

notes:

Removed Chief Wahoo from the caps, brought back Wishbone-C from 50s and 60s.

Limited Wahoo to sleeve patch, easier to gradually discontinue use if the team wishes

removed silver from uniform scheme

added blue belt and blue stirrups to road uniforms

I think Wahoo is going to eventually bite the dust, and slowly removing him by starting with the caps would be the way to go.

I'm going to point out what I don't like first, and why:

Yes, the wishbone 'C' is part of Indians tradition, and if there wasn't a team in the same state that uses it exclusively, I would be totally cool with it. I know it would be easy to tell the difference between the two because of the colors, but I think that logo belongs with the Reds. That is their identity. For a cap logo, I would create a whole new 'C', or use the 'I' that are on some caps. I like the 'I' and I think it looks good as a cap logo. But this is my one and only issue with this set.

There was never any need for silver and I'm glad you got rid of it.

The BP jerseys look great, as does the alternate.

Other than the cap logo, this is a great Indians set.

chisoxunis.gif

Notes

minimized outlines on names and numbers for home/road

used modified "Chicago White Sox" script from 70s for road game/BP

added silver home BP jersey & cap

The White Sox set is perfect, wouldnt change a thing.

As for the Indians, use the hat that they wore tonight vs. the Jays. Its the hat with the "I" on it in the same font as the home jersey you made.

beLEAF

Archived