Lee.

NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Oh man, what a comeback. I thought there was no way we'd come back in this game, and was worried about what a game 7 would've been like.

But, the boys came through and won it. Great series by both teams.

Avery needed to be benched, but he's a top six forward. When he is playing well, he will help the team win. Tortorella could afford to teach his player a lesson up three games to one.

Oh man, what a comeback. I thought there was no way we'd come back in this game, and was worried about what a game 7 would've been like.

But, the boys came through and won it. Great series by both teams.

I did. As soon as Carcillo dropped the gloves with freaking Talbot. That is a basic rule of thumb. NEVER drop the gloves when up by a big margin. All that does is give the other team energy, especially when its a non fighter like Talbot. That seemed to wake the Penguins up, and they scored a minute later. The game was never the same from there. The Flyers got tentative, stopped skating, and let the Penguins completely take over. Appropriate end to a season that was seemed to be stuck in the mud since the beginning.

Avery needed to be benched, but he's a top six forward. When he is playing well, he will help the team win. Tortorella could afford to teach his player a lesson up three games to one.

Avery may be a top 6 forward but hes not playing like one in this series. hes playing like a little bully whose pissed off cause hes not getting a rise out of any of the kids hes picking on. hes got no goals and 24 pims. if the Caps PP was the least bit effective they would be leading the series because of him. thats a fact. and some lesson he taught him "when taunted, throw water bottle". wonderful example there coach.

The thing about coaches like Torts and players like Avery is when they're helping their team win, their unique personalities seem to play a huge role in it. When they're losing, they look more ridiculous than a vanilla personality type because they don't seem to care about the team. You know you're playing with fire when you employ them, but its a gamble that works out sometimes. I will be surprised if Avery doesn't have a solid, more disciplined performance tomorrow.

The best part of the moment for me outside of Ovechkin's goal was Torts trying to kill that fan with a hockey stick.

The "fan" was stupid for doing that.

security guard said the fan did nothing. and no fans were ejected from the game. something tells me that Torts lost his cool, which is not unfathomable.

Upon further reading, it was Torts who started it. Stupid me.

The best part of the moment for me outside of Ovechkin's goal was Torts trying to kill that fan with a hockey stick.

The "fan" was stupid for doing that.

security guard said the fan did nothing. and no fans were ejected from the game. something tells me that Torts lost his cool, which is not unfathomable.

Upon further reading, it was Torts who started it. Stupid me.

my gut reaction was that a fan started it too. it usually is. never underestimate a wild coach with a stick and some taunting. lol

Here's whats frustrating:

Sharks 2 best players( Thornton, Marleau): 1 Goal, 2 Assists, in 4 games

Penguins 2 best players(Malkin, Crosby): 2 Goals, 2 Assists, in Game 6 today

You wonder why they are losing..........

John Torterella Suspended for Game 6 of the Rangers-Caps series for squirting water and then throwing a water bottle at fans in game 5 of the series. The NHL found that the incident was unprovoked at that it was started by Torts squirting the water bottle. The beer that hit Torterella was thrown after Torterella started squirting the fans.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=420130

Personally, I think he should be gone for at least the rest of the series if not the rest of the playoffs (if the Rangers advance). What he did was inexcusable. Sure he was heckled but a coach just has to take the high road and turn the other cheek. Turning around and squirting water and then throwing the bottle in unacceptable.

HAR HAR

So has the water bottle turned up on eBay yet?

And who will be behind the bench for game 6?

The Irony.

And the Devils ended up losing the game Shoenfeld sat out (ultimatly Game 5 after th game 4 ref walkout) something like 8-0.

All we can hope for now is the home crowd on Monday.

It's been said before, but that fake horn that Versus sounds when the visiting team scores is really stupid.....

Only the Sharks can let 5 minutes undo 40 minutes of awesome play..........

Sharks will live another day.

Sharks will live another day.

We going back to Disneyland! Do they have anything left for game 6?