NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Rangers shouldn't even bother going down to Washington for Game 7...

Oh...Avery will decapitate a fan or something to intimidate the Capitals.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Caps put the kid in goal.

The Caps figured out Henrik.

The Rangers have quit since.

The Rangers have been outplayed in every game this series, but they didn't play bad in games 1-4, and Henrik was playing out of his skull during that period. The last two games the Rangers have played so poorly, it defies description.

Does anyone think the Rangers can win Tuesday?

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

The Caps put the kid in goal.

The Caps figured out Henrik.

The Rangers have quit since.

The Rangers have been outplayed in every game this series, but they didn't play bad in games 1-4, and Henrik was playing out of his skull during that period. The last two games the Rangers have played so poorly, it defies description.

Does anyone think the Rangers can win Tuesday?

Yes, I believe they can in some way, shape, or form and not to totally psyche myself out that the Caps win Game 7.

John Torterella Suspended for Game 6 of the Rangers-Caps series for squirting water and then throwing a water bottle at fans in game 5 of the series. The NHL found that the incident was unprovoked at that it was started by Torts squirting the water bottle. The beer that hit Torterella was thrown after Torterella started squirting the fans.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=420130

Personally, I think he should be gone for at least the rest of the series if not the rest of the playoffs (if the Rangers advance). What he did was inexcusable. Sure he was heckled but a coach just has to take the high road and turn the other cheek. Turning around and squirting water and then throwing the bottle in unacceptable.

OH NOES

WATER

INEXCUSABLE

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

John Torterella Suspended for Game 6 of the Rangers-Caps series for squirting water and then throwing a water bottle at fans in game 5 of the series. The NHL found that the incident was unprovoked at that it was started by Torts squirting the water bottle. The beer that hit Torterella was thrown after Torterella started squirting the fans.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=420130

Personally, I think he should be gone for at least the rest of the series if not the rest of the playoffs (if the Rangers advance). What he did was inexcusable. Sure he was heckled but a coach just has to take the high road and turn the other cheek. Turning around and squirting water and then throwing the bottle in unacceptable.

OH NOES

WATER

INEXCUSABLE

Really? You don't have a problem with what Torterella did? The WWE doesn't even go after fans.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

heres the letter the Rangers sent to the league, for what its worth:

Dear Gary:

In addition to your suspension of Coach Tortorella for his actions during last night's game, we respectfully request that you consider appropriate discipline in light of Washington's gross negligence in ensuring the safety of the personnel on the Rangers' bench, including Coach Tortorella, in the face of the Rangers' repeated requests for intervention against egregious fan misconduct during Game 5. As importantly, we would like the League's intervention to ensure that there are adequate security measures in place to protect our personnel in the event there is a Game 7 in Washington.

Neither the NHL nor either team has had the opportunity to conduct a full investigation or to interview all witnesses but the television coverage and the statements made by Rangers bench personnel make clear that Washington utterly failed in its security obligations to the Rangers, not to mention its own fans. The tension was evident from before the opening face-off. Throughout the game, several people seated immediately behind the visitors' bench took advantage of the looseness of the glass panels and the unusually wide gaps between the panels to assault the Rangers with some of the most obscene language imaginable. Because of the way the glass is installed, the patron sitting behind Coach Tortorella (the gray-haired, bearded man in the white T-Shirt) could literally scream into the coach's ear. According to Rangers trainer Jim Ramsay, one patron was screaming at the team, in graphic language, about whether Dan Girardi and Marc Staal have a sexual relationship. This was within earshot of several children seated nearby. Several other fans also made repeated homophobic remarks. Moreover, Mr. Ramsay reported that he and other bench personnel were spit on by one or more "fans" as they yelled through the gaps in the glass.

Your statement tonight referred to alerting security. In the first period, Mr. Ramsay warned the security guard stationed on the nearest stairwell (a large African-American man) that the situation was unacceptable and was likely to get ugly. No action was taken. The misconduct continued. In the second period, Mr. Ramsay warned a female security supervisor that some fans were out of control and that he was concerned that something unfortunate was going to happen. Although this supervisor was equipped with a radio, she apparently took no action, because the same fans were in their seats when the team returned to the bench for the third period. According to press accounts, no fans were ever ejected or permanently removed from their seats.

Washington's failure to respond to what its personnel knew -- and were specifically warned -- was a potentially dangerous situation contributed significantly to this unfortunate incident. Accordingly, we respectfully request that you consider imposing appropriate discipline on Washington for its knowing failure to protect the Rangers and prevent the situation from deteriorating into an incident that reflects badly on all of us. In addition, we must immediately discuss how Washington is going to handle security for any Game 7. Neither the Rangers nor the well-behaved Capitals fans should be forced to endure the extraordinary level of fan misconduct that Washington failed to prevent in Game 5.

Thank you for your consideration.

Glen

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Well, I just got an answer to my earlier question:

So has the water bottle turned up on eBay yet?

On Versus before the Devils-'Canes game they showed a fan (not the one that was hit) tossing the bottle back over the glass onto the Rangers' bench. I bet he'll regret that decision if the Caps end up winning the series.

CCSLC signature.png

If the Caps and Canes both advance, I can forget about the pens' chances. The Bruins, Caps, and Canes have all had the pens' number all season. If they haven't lost to one of them, they've barely won.

oBIgzrL.png

If the Caps and Canes both advance, I can forget about the pens' chances. The Bruins, Caps, and Canes have all had the pens' number all season. If they haven't lost to one of them, they've barely won.

Remember this regular season success doesn't matter come playoff time especially in the Second Round anyways I hope home ice can help the Flames tomorrow and Phaneuf plays.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Remember this regular season success doesn't matter come playoff time especially in the Second Round anyways I hope home ice can help the Flames tomorrow and Phaneuf plays.

Why? Are you looking for the Flames to increase their number of neutral-ice giveaways? Phaneuf has been overrated since midway through his sophomore season.

IMSNFHO. Your mileage may vary. Also, this is the second time this page you've said that you can't wait for home ice. Please remember that home ice is all well and good, but Chicago gets more of it this round :)

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Well, we all know Bettman & Co. is pulling for Carolina to beat the Devs so they can get an Ovechkin/Crosby matchup that still won't be seen by anybody because nobody gets Vs.

And yes, that means I'd be totally STUNNED to see the Rangers pull Game 7 out of their hats on Tuesday night, despite taking the first 2 on the road @ the Verizon Center.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Why? Are you looking for the Flames to increase their number of neutral-ice giveaways? Phaneuf has been overrated since midway through his sophomore season.

IMSNFHO. Your mileage may vary. Also, this is the second time this page you've said that you can't wait for home ice. Please remember that home ice is all well and good, but Chicago gets more of it this round :)

He's actually preformed very well in these Playoffs and we need all the Defensemen we can have right now if we can put on a good show in Game 6 I don't think whatever happened in Game's 1,2 or 5 Matters it's all on the line.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well, we all know Bettman & Co. is pulling for Carolina to beat the Devs so they can get an Ovechkin/Crosby matchup that still won't be seen by anybody because nobody gets Vs.

And yes, that means I'd be totally STUNNED to see the Rangers pull Game 7 out of their hats on Tuesday night, despite taking the first 2 on the road @ the Verizon Center.

What proof do you have? "We all know" isn't proof. The Devils-Hurricanes series has been a close series, aside from Games 1 and 6. I expect a 1-0, 2-1 game on Tuesday.

It won't matter, Versus will be airing both Eastern Conference semi-final matchups ad nauseum, unless they air a Detroit game one night, or have one of the 3 east time zone games wait an extra day, to accomodate TV.

What proof do you have? "We all know" isn't proof. The Devils-Hurricanes series has been a close series, aside from Games 1 and 6. I expect a 1-0, 2-1 game on Tuesday.

It won't matter, Versus will be airing both Eastern Conference semi-final matchups ad nauseum, unless they air a Detroit game one night, or have one of the 3 east time zone games wait an extra day, to accomodate TV.

Doesn't NBC show games on Saturday and Sunday?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

He's actually preformed very well in these Playoffs and we need all the Defensemen we can have right now if we can put on a good show in Game 6 I don't think whatever happened in Game's 1,2 or 5 Matters it's all on the line.

So let's see. Game 1 doesn't matter. Game 2 doesn't matter. Game 5 doesn't matter either. Furthermore, the regular season in which Chicago beat Calgary 4 out of 4 also doesn't matter. Man, when you take away all the times that the Blackhawks waxed the Flames' collective ass, they're lookin' really good! Now that I know the Flames are 2-0 in games where they beat the Hawks, I might have to change my wager for Monday night's game.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived