NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Goodnight Calgary. You'll burn brightly again soon!

Goodnight San Jose. I did not expect to get to say that.

I am guessing the Scanman is going to party hardy for the rest of the night.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

117 = 0

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anyone on ICS or PuckGuy suicide watch?

napanick might need 24 hr supervision

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I'm saying this as a Kings fan, the Ducks beating the Sharks was not as bad as you think. The Ducks were finally healthy and had a hot goaltender. Realisitcally they were at least a 4th seed. I'm not saying that there are certain members of San Jose that didn't do much, (Roenick, Blake, and Boyle). There big moves were getting expendable parts from the Ducks at the trade deadline, and signing Claude Lemieux. Let's be realistic, their signings were to get them over the hump and what they did was sign old players who ran out of gas. As much as you want to put the blame on Thorton, there are 18 other players on the ice who didn't do their job. Who needs to be fired? The GM and the scouting department. Though it does scare me to realize a lot of these players were Dean Lombardi's.

The San Jose Sharks are a joke.

Yeah they are.

Dare I say "The Chicago Cubs of Hockey"?...

Give 'em ninety to a hundred more years... then maybe.

...but even then, at least the Cubs have won a world championship. All the Sharks have ever really had were fantastic uniforms.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

117 = 0

Just shows what a joke the regular season is.

The Ducks had 91 points ... that is a 26 point difference!

Unbelievable!

Really? I never understood that sort of comment that I hear much too often.

The regular season is not a joke it's a completely different beast.

Hi, how are you?

^ All this is the reason I wanted to play San Jose and not Detroit. Paper Tigers those sharks and the Ducks got the best break of all the 3 lowest seeds seeing as how both Columbus and St. Louis were swept. Though the Ducks aren't your typical 8 seed. They're virtually the same people that won the Stanley Cup, they just needed a mixup, a change of scene. I heard they moved everyone's locker around in the dressing room.

And the West's second round looks like this

2 Detroit vs. 8 Anaheim

3 Vancouver v.s 4 Chicago

PvO6ZWJ.png

^ All this is the reason I wanted to play San Jose and not Detroit. Paper Tigers those sharks and the Ducks got the best break of all the 3 lowest seeds seeing as how both Columbus and St. Louis were swept. Though the Ducks aren't your typical 8 seed. They're virtually the same people that won the Stanley Cup, they just needed a mixup, a change of scene. I heard they moved everyone's locker around in the dressing room.

And the West's second round looks like this

2 Detroit vs. 8 Anaheim

3 Vancouver v.s 4 Chicago

You can say that now, but was that how you really felt two weeks ago? Hell, not only did you predict that the Sharks would win the Cup, you had the Sharks beating the Blue Jackets in a quick 5 games in your Western semis, after Columbus beat Detroit in 6 games. The team you said you'd most prefer Columbus to play in the first round was neither San Jose or Detroit, but Vancouver.

Two weeks ago, most folks (both on here as well as the media) had Detroit being primed for an upset. Columbus entered the playoffs with perhaps the best goalie in the Western Conference all season long, while Detroit had goalie issues. Columbus fans felt their team wouldn't be intimidated by the Red Wings or Joe Louis Arena because they're divisional foes. There was also some talk about the Flames purposely falling out of the #3 spot down the stretch, because they didn't match up so well with Columbus, which had held the #6 spot for most of the second half of the season.

Anaheim played well against San Jose all season long....even shutout the Sharks twice in the regular season. Yeah, Columbus went 2-2 against San Jose, but needed overtime to get those two wins.....

I have a feeling the sweep was just the beginning of things to come for Vancouver. Luongo is one of the best 2 or 3 goalies in the world and if gets hot they can win the whole thing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Again, before you label Thorton with the choke label, what about that so-called great goaltender? Oh yeah, what about that coach that was suppose to change things? Again, Thorton, can't win the series, and he can't lose the series, it's the other 18 players and the coaching staff. Why aren't you whining about Marleau, where's the whining about Clowe, and Boyle and Blake? It's not Thorton's fault that the GM can't figure out how to put winners around him. You want proof of that? Messier was this great leader in Edmonton and New York and then he was nothing in Vancouver. All these supposed great players and great leaders are only great when you put greatness around them. All these great leaders of teams, you look at them and realize they are just talented players if you put them on a poor team. How would Lidstrom look on the Islanders? You want proof? Kovalchuck and Atlanta, or heck what about Koivu and Montreal? Everyone talks about what a great leader he is, and yet Montreal is always flopping in the playoffs. Why isn't the choker label put on him? It takes more than one player to win a series.

The Ducks will give the Wings a serious run (I'm talking 7) but I feel that the scoring will get the Wings through to the Western Conference Final and as for the Hawks and Canucks really don't care but I gotta keep the faith in Canada so Vancouver and Luongo out duel the Blackhawks.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived