NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

Ducks and Red Wings going into Double Overtime tied at 3-3.

First 2OT of the year.

It's been a great game.

GO DUCKS!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going into... Triple Overtime...

Mealtime for the combatants lol.

Get those carbs back up to go burn them off again.

Going into... Triple Overtime...

Mealtime for the combatants lol.

Get those carbs back up to go burn them off again.

Oh quackers, Series tied 1-1.

I find it ironic that when NBC interviews a player (Sykora in the Final and Marchant today) during the OT intermissions, that said player scores the GW Goal.

Yeah its awesome isn't it? haha

Marchant ends it quickly into the 3rd OT.

and to quote Marchant "Daddy's coming home!"

haha.

My...when Cam Ward gets on fire, he gets on fire.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

you know whose been talked about less than Boston has on these boards? Carolina. this series is definitely not a given. Ward turns his game up a notch in the playoffs and its shown these last 2 series.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Cam Ward was a demon in that game!

I also think that the shot at the end of the 2nd period was a goal. That looked over the line. I dont know if they called it off because the puck was vertical when it was over the line, but i thought at every angle they showed that was over.

Didn't end up mattering, but could have

I also think that the shot at the end of the 2nd period was a goal. That looked over the line. I dont know if they called it off because the puck was vertical when it was over the line, but i thought at every angle they showed that was over.

i think they determined if the puck laid flat it wouldve been on the goal line.

"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

If it was called a goal on the ice, I am almost positive it would have stayed that way. Too inconclusive and incredibly close call.

If it was called a goal on the ice, I am almost positive it would have stayed that way. Too inconclusive and incredibly close call.

im glad they took as much time as they did, it was too big of a goal at a crucial point of the game. they had to get that one right.

im glad they took as much time as they did, it was too big of a goal at a crucial point of the game. they had to get that one right.

As long as that review took, I'm surprised they didn't just send the players into the dressing rooms and keep reviewing the play while the Zambonis were out. Then if it were a good goal, they could have just dropped the puck at center ice as a formality to end the second period, then immediately drop it again to start the third.

CCSLC signature.png

As long as that review took, I'm surprised they didn't just send the players into the dressing rooms and keep reviewing the play while the Zambonis were out. Then if it were a good goal, they could have just dropped the puck at center ice as a formality to end the second period, then immediately drop it again to start the third.

this is the NHL, they can never get it totally right.

Naslund was never loved like Linden and never lead the Canucks to the success Bure did, but IMO he was the greatest Canuck ever and deserves to have his number in the rafters. More points and goals than any other Canuck in team history, captain for 8 years and was always humble gracious leader. His time in Vancouver ended roughly with both him and the fans fed up with another but I hope that doesn't overshadow his years of service to the team and the city and the Canucks honor him.

I'm so glad there's a Caps vs Penguins series in these playoffs. It's great because now that the Habs are out, there's still some entertaining and more importantly, competitive hockey left to see.

Ovechkin threads the needle, just barely finding daylight between Fleury and the left pipe for his second goal of the night. 3-2 Caps with about seven minutes left in the 3rd.

CCSLC signature.png

I'm so glad there's a Caps vs Penguins series in these playoffs. It's great because now that the Habs are out, there's still some entertaining and more importantly, competitive hockey left to see.

Its not competitive. Were getting playing like crap.

The moment our season is over, Mike Yeo, powerplay coach, is gone. Our powerplay has been atrocious all year, and its been its worst now, when it counts most.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived