NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

So uhhh, how about those Red Wings? They seemed to have struggled against that goalie, I mean four goals compared to one, if this is any indication. . .

Sharks, look at the Wings getting it done, actually making a statement

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Game 1 Is nothing in my mind the really playoffs begin in Game 2.

Would you be saying that if the Flames won yesterday? :lol:

Go Ducks!

Probably not because these teams are here because they worked there butts off during the season the seeds are just a number.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

No offense, but thats probably just because of the Flyer's reputation. Same reason Sean Avery or Jarkko Ruutu would easily get called for a roughing penalty that someone like Malkin or Ovechkin wouldnt get called for. Its not fair, but thats how it is.

oBIgzrL.png

Dan Carcillo suspended for tonights game because of this:

Mike Cammalleri NOT suspended for the SAME incident in last nights game:

VERY interesting double standard. Thats all Im going to say.....

Except you are fail to notice one key difference, the situation and the role of the coach. The Carcillo incident happened with just a few seconds to go in a game already decided. John Stevens specifically sent him out there to start something, thus why he also got a $10,000 dollar fine. In the other case it was a tied game at that point and he was penalized for it thus endarngering the team for the the dumb act. And unlike Carcillo given the situation I doubt Sutter sent him out there to start something.

Time to take the orange and black glasses off. In a game already decided the Flyers sent out basically a goon (who has priors) to start something. If he got a penalty there was no harm to the team because the game was over. If you think the league is going to stand for that after the last month of debates you are a fool. So in order to punish the Flyers Carcillo is sat and Stevens was fined. In Cammalleri's case the Flames were punished in game because the stupid action put the Flames in jeopardy, thhus no further action was needed. Had Cammallari done what he did at the end when the game was over he would probably sitting for the next game.

The context is important in these matters and you can't overlook it.

I see what youre saying, but if one sucker punch to the head (and that's what both were) is suspendable, then both are. All I keep hearing about is how the league is really cracking down on shots to the head. Not many things are more dangerous than a swift blow to the jaw when the guy isnt looking.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I'm not going to say anything Cammalleri's incidence he was punished and that game was heated tied up at 1 and Havlat was running his mouth and also gave Olli Jokinen I believe a facewash for doing nothing earlier in the game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

That's a cheap shot, no doubt. But as far as I understand it, the NHL is trying to crack down on late-game "message sending" when the outcome is no longer in question. That's why the suspension and fine were handed out.

The real question to that end isn't about the video you showed, but why there haven't been suspensions handed down for the mess at the end of the Bruins/Habs game, specifically going after someone celebrating a goal.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

That game was horribly officiated for both sides, but that last 5-on-3 was legit.

Nonetheless, that was one of the best games Ive ever been to. It was very worrisome at times, and the pens kinda got lucky, but they still are now taking a commanding 2-0 lead into Philly. Feels pretty damn good.

oBIgzrL.png

Not related to the playoffs since he isnt eligible to play in the playoffs but the Rangers signed Matt Gilroy, scouts and other personel say he was the best FA available, to a 2 year 3.5 million dollar deal.

Really, thats alot of money for a 24 year old who has been playing with 20 and 21 year old kids. From what Ive seen he looks solid but so did Christian Hanson when he played for ND and he struggled with the Leafs in my opinion. Its a big step from junior/ncaa to the show.

I was hoping the Leafs would land him to see what he can do but apparently they offered him a 2 way deal and went with the Rangers instead.

beLEAF

The real question to that end isn't about the video you showed, but why there haven't been suspensions handed down for the mess at the end of the Bruins/Habs game, specifically going after someone celebrating a goal.

Meh, they can do it if they want to. They will just be punished at a later time and in far more intense and destructive ways... including on the ice. :P

Archived