NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

You know, for all their playoff experience the Red Wings haven't been in very many Game 7's in recent years. They did win one this year, but it was at home against the #8-seeded Ducks. The Pens won a Game 7 against the Caps - like tonight, on the road - about a month ago. With that in mind, it's not all that surprising anymore that the Pens have been handling it better so far.

Of course, you just know they will now have to withstand 20 minutes of pure hockey hell in order to finally capture the Cup.

Update: Almost halfway into the 3rd, Crosby finally returns to the ice... and quickly leaves again. He's probably done.

Update #2: Detroit finally gets on the board. Will Crosby try to make another go of it after all?

CCSLC signature.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hold strong Penguins...

...HOLD STRONG!!!

(And, um, how bout actually shooting the puck some while you're at it?!)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Lord Stanley's glory is within sight...

...LET'S DO THIS, PENGUINS!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

Lord Stanley...the Steel City welcomes you.

Back.

How 'bout dem PengWINS??!!!

Forthcoming Marian Hossa comments shall be interesting...

#1: I find it kinda ironic that this Stanley Cup ended somewhat similarly to how the last one ended; flurry of shots at the end, crazy miracle save, team on defense wins Stanley Cup. Pretty exciting game, Detroit definitely made it interesting near the end.

#2: lol @ Hossa.

Archived