NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It just occurred to me that this is Pittsburgh's second championship in four months, and both titles were won on NBC. Too bad for the Pirates that NBC doesn't carry MLB any more. :P

nflpittsburghsbchampsss3.png

nhlpittsburghscchamps.png

CCSLC signature.png

Were there seriously that many Penguin fans in the Joe? For a Stanley Cup Game 7? Wow, way to rep your city, Detroit.
Quite possibly, they could be showing respect for the Stanley Cup itself and cheering, even in defeat.

LvZYtbZ.png

#1: I find it kinda ironic that this Stanley Cup ended somewhat similarly to how the last one ended; flurry of shots at the end, crazy miracle save, team on defense wins Stanley Cup. Pretty exciting game, Detroit definitely made it interesting near the end.

#2: lol @ Hossa.

#3: lol @ Ty Conklin

What a moment hoisting the Cup is for the players and Lemieux as the owner. I wonder what Therrien is thinking now... ^_^

Congrats Pittsburgh, the Steelers and the Penguins... now come on Pirates.... uh.... ok two out three isn't bad

I saw, I came, I left.

#1: I find it kinda ironic that this Stanley Cup ended somewhat similarly to how the last one ended; flurry of shots at the end, crazy miracle save, team on defense wins Stanley Cup. Pretty exciting game, Detroit definitely made it interesting near the end.

#2: lol @ Hossa.

#3: lol @ Ty Conklin

Zing!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Were there seriously that many Penguin fans in the Joe? For a Stanley Cup Game 7? Wow, way to rep your city, Detroit.
Quite possibly, they could be showing respect for the Stanley Cup itself and cheering, even in defeat.

That sounded like wild, "OMG my team won the Stanley Cup" cheering, not "Oh look, the Stanley Cup. Nice." cheering.

That sounded like wild, "OMG my team won the Stanley Cup" cheering, not "Oh look, the Stanley Cup. Nice." cheering.

Well according to CBC, the unbiased source of information that it is*, a lot of Pittsburgh fans did make their way to the game.

Anyway, congrats to the Pittsburgh Penguins. Not only is this Cup well deserved, but thank you for ending the Red Terror :D

* I kid, I kid

Crazy final seconds. Amazing save by Fleury.

Congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins.

Congratulations to former Duck Chris Kunitz on his 2nd Stanley Cup, and congratulations to former Mighty Ducks Dan Bylsma and Petr Sykora on their first Stanley Cups.

and yes, LOL @ Hossa.

Smart move, right?

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived