CHL team signs 10 year lease in Kansas City

KCScout76

I was hoping they would go with something trail oriented. I submitted the "Wagon Train", I thought they might like something with some originality. Not really enthused by the options:

Independence Freedom -Cheesy in my opinion, not a big fan of non-noun team names.

Independence Ice Hawks -Really original for hockey: add "ice" to something completely non hockey related.

Independence Outlaws -Used within the last five years in KC for a minor league hockey team.

Independence Pioneers -I like this one, conjures up images of the history of the town.

Independence Presidents -REALLY don't like this one. Considering ONE president came from Independence, why name the team presidents?

Missouri Bullfrogs -Seriously?

Missouri Express -Another non-noun name.

Missouri Maulers -Another non-noun name.

Missouri Mavericks -Second best option, I like this choice.

Missouri Mules -Poor choice because their is a university within an hour with the same name (UCM)

I was hoping they would go with something trail oriented. I submitted the "Wagon Train", I thought they might like something with some originality. Not really enthused by the options:

Independence Freedom -Cheesy in my opinion, not a big fan of non-noun team names.

Independence Ice Hawks -Really original for hockey: add "ice" to something completely non hockey related.

Independence Outlaws -Used within the last five years in KC for a minor league hockey team.

Independence Pioneers -I like this one, conjures up images of the history of the town.

Independence Presidents -REALLY don't like this one. Considering ONE president came from Independence, why name the team presidents?

Missouri Mules -Poor choice because their is a university within an hour with the same name (UCM)

Wow, those are all really lame names. Wish there was a Write In option.

Wow, those are all really lame names. Wish there was a Write In option.

What's come over the team office? Cholera? Dysentery?

bYhYmxh.png

Some of these aren't bad, but they're not paired correctly.

Missouri Express sounds dumb. But Independence Express? Now we're talking.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Independence Freedom

Feh... doesn't do much for me.

• Independence Ice Hawks

Way to lay down and suggest one of the most annoying and ubiquitous names in hockey.

• Independence Outlaws

You don't want to nod to the failed UHL team from Kemper Arena. Besides, (Quantrill's) Raiders, Renegades, or Bushwhackers would have been more appropriate (if not un-PC) considering Jackson County's early history.

• Independence Pioneers

Not bad... Maybe we'll finally get to see a prairie schooner on a hockey jersey.

• Independence Presidents

Would they go with the green & gold jerseys from Slap Shot? But if you're going to nod to Truman, why not Gunners or Dizzy D's, which would be nods to his time as an artillery captain in WWI? Haberdashers might be kind of cool as well if one was to go with an old Cleveland Baron's type theme, but Harry's little store wasn't particularly successful, which is why he went into politics in the first place. Judges might be good, as that was Truman's first political office (equivalent of a county commissioner).

• Missouri Bullfrogs

Generic... Missouri should NOT be used as the place-name, period. This one comes up because the team's GM, Brad Lund, briefly ran the the AFL2 OKC Bullfrogs, who never played a game as the Portland Forest Dragons moved to OKC a few weeks later.

• Missouri Express

Generic, misplaced, and ironic. The Pony Express started in St. Joseph. Lund was fired/quit last year after a long tenure with the OKC Blazers, who are owned by Bob Funk, owner of Express Personnel Services.

• Missouri Maulers

There's already a Missoula Maulers in hockey. We don't need a Missouri one too.

• Missouri Mavericks

Failed ball club down the road in Columbia.

• Missouri Mules

Independence Mules I could live with. Going with Missouri the team would face a legal hurdle likely to be thrown by the University of Central Missouri Mules, who are only an hour away.

Guess I'm too late but Bushwackers would have been a cool theme. Both sides of the Civil War had numerous soldiers from Missouri, and lot of them were raiding bushwackers.

wingssuck.jpg

Courtesy of PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

Guess I'm too late but Bushwackers would have been a cool theme. Both sides of the Civil War had numerous soldiers from Missouri, and lot of them were raiding bushwackers.

I think Hedley had a good list of potential names...

• 1 month later...

Bumped...

Independence Pro Hockey to Unveil Team Name and Logo

Wednesday, June 24 at 3:00 p.m.

INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Independence Pro Hockey will unveil the team?s name and logo on Wednesday, June 24 at 3:00 p.m. at the Truman Library in Independence. Those attending are asked to please park in the east lot and enter through the Special Events entrance. The announcement will be made in Whistle Stop Room and refreshments will be provided. All media are invited to attend.

WHAT: Team Name and Logo Unveiling

DATE: Wednesday, June 24

TIME: 3:00 p.m.

PLACE: Truman Library ? Whistle Stop Room

500 W US Highway 24

Independence, MO 64050

Signature intentionally left blank

Wow that's bad.

The logo reminds me of a more cartoonish veresion of the Kentucky Thoroughblades logo.

I'm also not 100% in love with name, as Columbia had a Frontier League team that were the Mid-Missouri Mavericks not too long ago.

HumanitarianBowl.png

Missouri Mavericks

g1a919024a55dec5b1582909d172fe4b8e4882f79869378.jpg

Outline of state where team is located or representing: Check

Lame and obtuse colors used: Check

Animal in hockey gear: Check

Animals head almost as large as the rest of the body: Check

Grade: D-

Archived