2009 NBA Playoffs

TFoA

My prediction...the NBA playoffs will last roughly as long as the NHL playoffs, yet the CCSLC Puckhead Brigade will bitch and moan about how they hate the NBA playoffs because they takes so long.

I want the Lakers to win it all, but I just see this being LeBron's year. Plus, if it will keep him in Cleveland, I'm all for it.

They do take so friggin' long. The NHL could play a 5 OT game in the playoffs before the 7:30 pm playoff game between whatever Eastern Conference teams ends, because each team has 50 million time outs and doesn't use them until the end. The end of the game and the calling of time outs after every basket made is another reason I prefer hockey over the NBA.

Hey, puckhead, take that :censored: to the NHL thread...get "ooot" of here. Besides, I'm talking about the length of the playoffs, not of a single game. Hockey games bore me to tears...especially now that the shootout is gone, but I'll watch...as long as Ovie's around....

I laughed. Hard.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sucks about Garnett. I won't jump to conclusions, but I feel extremely disappointed in this situation. He came back for 4 freaking games, and nothing even happened to the knee! Obviously playing didn't help his knee, somehow, so why in the :censored: was he playing in the first place then? I clearly remember the 2-3 week diagnosis when it first happened, and as I saw it happen I was disappointed then that it would take so long to heal. Now he needs surgery and can't even run after almost 8 goddamn weeks of rest, almost uninterrupted? Very, very disappointing as a fan.

At least I'm used to not having KG by now. Call me crazy, and I wouldn't bet or predict an upset or anything, but I'm still not even scared of Cleveland. Especially if the C's make it that far, it should at least show they have the wills and the skills to compete without KG at a playoff level. Cleveland still baffles me, and I would love to see a potential matchup (should it not be 4 repeats of Sunday, of course).

Hey. It's finally :censored:ing playoff time. Bring on the Bulls! And get well soon, Danny.

Eastern Conference

#1 Cleveland over #8 Detroit in 5

#2 Boston over #7 Chicago in 7

#3 Orlando over #6 Philadelphia in 4

#4 Atlanta over #5 Miami in 7

#1 Cleveland over #4 Atlanta in 5

#3 Orlando over #2 Boston in 6

#1 Cleveland over #3 Orlando in 5

Western Conference

#1 Los Angeles over #8 Utah in 4

#2 Denver over #7 New Orleans in 6

#6 Dallas over #3 San Antonio in 6

#4 Portland over #5 Houston in 7

#1 Los Angeles over #4 Portland in 5

#2 Denver over #6 Dallas in 6

#1 Los Angeles over #2 Denver in 5

Finals

Cleveland over Los Angeles in 7

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think people are overlooking a lot of teams here, it's not just CLEVELAND and LAKERS.

Those are the two favorites, but I wouldn't count out teams like San Antonio and New Orleans in the west, and would not be surprised if Orlando came through in the East. However, I see this as LeBron's year and that's how i've picked all my brackets thus far. Cavs beat Lakers in 7.

I think people are overlooking a lot of teams here, it's not just CLEVELAND and LAKERS.

Those are the two favorites, but I wouldn't count out teams like San Antonio and New Orleans in the west, and would not be surprised if Orlando came through in the East. However, I see this as LeBron's year and that's how i've picked all my brackets thus far. Cavs beat Lakers in 7.

Personally, as much as I'd love to see the Celtics repeat, I think it would be something of a traversty if the finals series were not the Lakers vs the Cavaliers.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The Cavs don't scare me. It's not like KG was the Celtics' only player. Sure he brings a hell of a lot to the team on a night to night basis, but the Celtics still do have a big three of sorts with Allen, Pierce, and Rondo. The Celtics should still do very well this year if this goes the way I think it will.

The playoffs opened today with the Bulls knocking off the Celtics 105-103 in OT. I thought the Bulls would have a chance to pull this serious out, but I didn't even expect them to win Game 1 in Boston. Hopefully the Bulls can keep up this play. This series is far from over, but taking Game 1 is huge for the Bulls.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Derrick Rose: 36 or something points in his first playoff game against the defending champs.

He might be just a tad bit okay. I think he's gonna be decent in the NBA. :P

Derrick Rose: 36 or something points in his first playoff game against the defending champs.

But why the hell is he ALWAYS frowning??? :mad:

But why the hell is he ALWAYS frowning??? :mad:

lol, he did look thoroughly disinterested throughout the entire game, and especially in the two interviews he did.

Libermann: You just had a rookie performance that puts you in the ranks of Abdul-Jabbar, Duncan, and Robertson (IIRC). How about that?

Rose: Oh wow. Thank you.

But eh. It's better than him running up and down the court while popping his jersey, yelling out obscenities to the opposing team and their fans, and basically having a heart attack of joy after a victory.

My NBA playoff predictions

NBA Playoffs predictions

Eastern Conference (1st round)

CLE def. DET in 4

MIA def ATL in 7

BOS def CHI in 7

ORL def PHI in 6

Western Confrence (1st round)

LAL def UTA in 5

HOU def POR in 7

DEN def NO in 7

SA def DAL in 7