2009 NBA Playoffs

TFoA

The Heat have tied their series with the Hawks 1-1 thanks to Wade going off (as predicted by most), and the Heat shooting 15-26 from 3. Unbelievable.

I think the Hawks still played well, but that stat above tells the story. 15-26. 58%. Sheesh.

The Hawks didn't bring the same energy and intensity that they brought to Game 1. They actually looked as if they read the press clippings after Game 1 and figured that Miami was just going to lie down, which I believe because they were seriously just letting them take whatever 3's that they wanted. Except for that last 3 by Wade...that was just MVP quality. Just an AMAZING shot.

With that said, now Atlanta's gotta win on the road, which is going to be TOUGH as hell...but if there's one team that the Hawks can beat on the road, it's Wade & Co.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice game by the Heat. I'm just glad they finally decided to use Jermaine O'Neal on offence. He's aged a lot, but he can still put up 10-15 points a game (and that huuuuuuge block on the Flip Murray layup). Jamario Moon played some solid perimeter defence on Joe Johnson, which is actually a surprise, and this is coming from a Raptors and Heat fan. But I expected Johnson to come out big next game. I really thought the Hawks would come back once D-Wade got his 5th personal...

Wade-sig.png

I'm hoping for a LAL-BOS final with the Celtics winning.

Stop being greedy, you just got that last year.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'll be surprised if the Lakers do not take the NBA title with their 16th game of the playoffs - they're just that good this year. (And before you say that's never happened, consider that the Lakers did just that in... 2001, I think, went 16-0 to win the NBA title.)

LvZYtbZ.png

I'll be surprised if the Lakers do not take the NBA title with their 16th game of the playoffs - they're just that good this year. (And before you say that's never happened, consider that the Lakers did just that in... 2001, I think, went 16-0 to win the NBA title.)

15-1 Will.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Nah. I'll take any of the top 4 Eastern Conference teams beating them once in the finals, at least on on of those team's home floors.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

15-1 Will.
They won every series with consecutive wins. I believe that adds up to 16-0.
Nah. I'll take any of the top 4 Eastern Conference teams beating them once in the finals, at least on on of those team's home floors.
Let's see, the East, versus the Lakers. No contest, Lakers in four!

LvZYtbZ.png

15-1 Will.

No it doesn't, because

1) The First Round was Best of 5

2) The win streak was interrupted by them losing to the Sixers in Game 1 of the NBA Finals.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm hoping for an Atlanta/Portland final with the Hawks winning.

Do I win most unlikely choice?

Yes sir. You win that and the award for 'NBA Finals most likely to piss off TV execs.'

15-1 Will.
Let's see, the East, versus the Lakers. No contest, Lakers in four!

Will, stop. Just stop. Please.

You do this :censored: every time there are playoffs ongoing. You declare team X should go undefeated or win every game by a ridiculous margin, and claim that failing to do so constitutes a complete failure. Sometimes you even say league/conference Y is JV compared to league/conference Z and that no team in league/conference Y should be ranked ahead of any team from league/conference Z.

Not only is it predictable as hell, it's just wrong. Dead the :censored: wrong.

STOP IT!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I believe that at some point in my lifetime a team from the city of Cleveland will win a championship in one of their respective leagues. If it had to be any of them then I'd choose the Cavaliers because I don't really care about the NBA and the fallout with their fans would be less annoying than if the Browns or Indians were to win. That said, people from Cleveland are already pretty arrogant about their pro sports and a championship to the city would only fuel the ego. So needless to say, I'm rooting for any of the eastern conference teams to pull a miracle upset (not going to happen since David Stern picked Lebron and the Cavs to win at the beginning of the season) or I'd love to see the Lakers lay some finals smackdown just like the Spurs did two years ago.

PvO6ZWJ.png

So what you're saying is that Cleveland would turn into Boston if they won a championship? :P

[Hank Hill]Oh GOD[/Hank Hill]

You have my attention. Go Pistons it is.

Today, we are all otaku.

So what you're saying is that Cleveland would turn into Boston if they won a championship? :P

[Hank Hill]Oh GOD[/Hank Hill]

You have my attention. Go Pistons it is.

Too bad that the Pistons have no chance.

No Spurs-Mavs on tv, just NBA network, in a TEXAS city! What utter bull. This is way worse than the NFL network showing regular season games, this is the G** d*** playoffs!

Agreed. Turner couldn't free up TBS to show some the non-TNT first round playoff games on the nights they carry?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

No Spurs-Mavs on tv, just NBA network, in a TEXAS city! What utter bull. This is way worse than the NFL network showing regular season games, this is the G** d*** playoffs!

Check your local Fox Sports Channel. FSSouth played the Hawks games even though they were on TNT as well.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Archived