Uniform Trivia

CC97

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, they're both right, The Rags and the Ducks...

Pittsburgh, Discrim

yup. i shall now leave all questions to creamer.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I have a few interesting ones;

1/ name all the alternate uniforms that have gone on to become a part of the team's regular identity

2/ name the NHL teams that have not used an alternate uniform since the whole craze started (exclude vintage uniforms)

3/ which team/teams have had the most alternate uniform designs?

The Rangers were wearing their alternates when they lost to Philadelphia in the conference finals in 1996-97.

I have the newspaper clipping with Messier in it.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I have a few interesting ones;

1/ name all the alternate uniforms that have gone on to become a part of the team's regular identity

2/ name the NHL teams that have not used an alternate uniform since the whole craze started (exclude vintage uniforms)

3/ which team/teams have had the most alternate uniform designs?

Hmmm....

1. St. Louis (white), Calgary (black), Dallas (green/black star), Ottawa (red), Florida (navy), Philadelphia (black), San Jose (teal), Washington (black), Pittsburgh(twice--old black w/gradient, new black w/vegas gold)

2. If we're counting 1995-96 as the first year... Hartford, Winnipeg, Carolina, Detroit, Montreal (you said not counting vintage), New Jersey

3. Anaheim - 4

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I think the Waynegers had their alts in 1997. Although, I think it was off and on. I don't think the rule was in that you either wore your road (color) jersey or your alt all the way through the postseason.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I think the Waynegers had their alts in 1997.  Although, I think it was off and on.  I don't think the rule was in that you either wore your road (color) jersey or your alt all the way through the postseason.

They did. I have the newspaper picture of Eric Lindros hugging some teammates in the final game of the East final, with Messier skating by them in his alternate jersey.

They wore their regular road jersey only once that season, against the Florida Panthers in Game 1 of the first round, a game they lost. They wore their liberties for the rest if the playoffs.

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived