Uniform Trivia

CC97

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the "double star" jerseys were not true throwbacks. the crackwagon wore thier true throwbacks for a monday night game against the lions, and they lost. that was the only time they wore the throwbacks that year.

the white double star jerseys were actually new jerseys, so they can be regarded as alternates

I think the Waynegers had their alts in 1997. Although, I think it was off and on. I don't think the rule was in that you either wore your road (color) jersey or your alt all the way through the postseason.

They wore their regular road jersey only once that season, against the Florida Panthers in Game 1 of the first round, a game they lost. They wore their liberties for the rest if the playoffs.

The Rangers also went back to their regular blue road jerseys for Game 1 of the second round vs. the Devils in East Rutherford. They lost that game and went back to the Lady Liberty sweaters for games 2 and 5.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

kansas city...not sure on year?

Kansas City 1993. They unveiled their greys vs. the A's which unveiled an updated typeface and the mean silver and green elephant.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

95/96 failures:

Ducks' Wildwing (thank goodness) is one.

Kings' swooshy jersey (thank goodness part deux... although the logo wasn't half bad)

Penguins' wraparound

Canucks red and black checkmark (although these last 2 lasted more than a year)

96/97:

Lightings' stormy sea

Leafs' design of a million lines

Rangers' white Lady Liberty?

97/98:

Ducks' (Nike I think) straight-arms (unfortunately)

98/99:

Phoenix' desert w/ dog-head

(and hopefully, someday soon)

01/02 failures (one of the worst classes ever for alternates... tough call between 95/96 and 01/02 for worst alternate year EVER):

Colorado "let's mimic the Rangers, a model organization at every level"

Edmonton "colour scheme? who gives a rip?"

Nashville "bonehead jersey, and not just the logo"

San Jose "creativity gone dead"

Vancouver "creativity gone mad"

02/03 was... orange... :therock:

Islanders, Flyers

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

last year was the worst class in the history of alts...the flyers alt is a joke and the isles' orange is a piece of crap. philly, just unretire the old oranges already, the black's not working.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

last year was the worst class in the history of alts...the flyers alt is a joke and the isles' orange is a piece of crap.  philly, just unretire the old oranges already, the black's not working.

As bad as that may have been, it doesn't compare to the year that brought us Wildwing and the Royal Sash or the year that brought us the mustard numbskull, the silver irondrop, and the West Coast Gradients.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

i think the Tampa Bay Lightning "Storm" jersey was the greatest ever. i dont know why but i always loved that jersey.

i disagree with u syphi on some alts u hate -

i really like the colorado alt, its perfect

i actually like the oilers, its different

untitled-1.png

That's a gimme... St. Louis ill-fated (and extremely loud and ugly) third jersey of 1995-96, shot down by Mike Keenan.

Iron Mike may be a control freak or what-have-you, but he made a good call on that one.

those are the ugliest jerseys i have ever seen in my life, Holy Crap!!!

BTW, i am a hardcore Avalanche fan, and i hate their 3rd jerseys. I made a concept before they ever came out, i think ill post it sometime tonight, and here it is. I know its crazy, but I was 16 when i did it. I think it looks cool, but not something that would look good on the ice.

avalanchejerseyalternate.jpg

Not only is that Blues one an unused alt... but there was an unused Avs alt in 2000/01 (which I think we discovered, and they decided not to use after that), and then there was that Stars alt in 2002/03

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Not only is that Blues one an unused alt... but there was an unused Avs alt in 2000/01 (which I think we discovered, and they decided not to use after that), and then there was that Stars alt in 2002/03

Wasn't the Stars' alternate in 2002/03 was the gold one that never saw the ice? I actually liked it.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

There are those Capitals jerseys from 2000 that never saw the light of day either. Although I heard that the Capitals are getting yet another st of new uniforms next season.

Oh and the answers to my question which Koho jerseys don't have the word KOHO written under the collar in white were:

1. Bruins home

2. Bruins third

3. Lightning road

4. Predators home

5. Flyers home

6. Flyers third.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived