HIPPOS

Hoopskid

Alright, so not too much here, I've started doing logos and this is one of my first sets. I've done a lot of recolorings, alterations, uniform concepts in the past but this is one of my first logo attempts. I had the logo main logo done a while ago using pictures of google for the Hippo, but drew the leaves and design myself. Basically I just want some input on how to improve the Hippo, placement of the lily pad, stuff like that. Hopefully after a few logos designed i'll improve, but i'm happy with this first set. I know that the shadows, lines, overall drawing of the Hippo is pathetic but I gotta start somewhere. Any input is welcomed.

hippos.png

Creative and original. Personally, I've always wondered how a team name/concept would look if it was named after an African animal, like Zebras, Giraffes, Elephants, etc. This looks pretty good. While this looks more fit for a high school or D2 college team, it is still a rather good concept...

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

I like the name and the basic idea, but I have a few suggestions for refining this. First, the hippo appears to have sharpened fangs. If memory serves, they should be more like tusks that are a little fatter and a little more blunt on the ends, with sort of a flat edge at the tip instead of a sharpened point. Secondly, he doesn't appear to have a chin. Hippos have very pronounced lower jaws, but yours seems to have a mouth coming out of his belly. Lastly, I'd try to work some water in there--maybe at the base of the logo--since that's where they spend so much of their time and where they are so dangerous.

You're off to a good start. If you address these small issues, I think you can improve it a great deal.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Alright, so not too much here, I've started doing logos and this is one of my first sets. I've done a lot of recolorings, alterations, uniform concepts in the past but this is one of my first logo attempts. I had the logo main logo done a while ago using pictures of google for the Hippo, but drew the leaves and design myself. Basically I just want some input on how to improve the Hippo, placement of the lily pad, stuff like that. Hopefully after a few logos designed i'll improve, but i'm happy with this first set. I know that the shadows, lines, overall drawing of the Hippo is pathetic but I gotta start somewhere. Any input is welcomed.

hippos.png

since when do hippos have fangs?

I don't particularly like the logo package. I don't really know what lily pads have to do with hippos. Its fine to use this color scheme but I think you should move away from the lily pad altogether. The hippo rendering needs some work, dgnmrwrw had a pretty good explanation of that. One problem I see with the primary is that you are focusing on three colors in the uniforms, but then you introduce gray, lighter gray, red, darker red, and pink in the logo. It doesn't necessarily have to have the same color scheme as an actual hippo. On the secondary logo the very bottom horizontal dark green stripe throws it off, at this angle the basketball would have 4 lines, but this one makes there 5. Just for reference of what I'm talking about:

Basketball.png

For that reason it doesn't look too much like a basketball to me.

I do like the uniforms.

Archived