A Movement to Ban the Most Hated Font

AHcreative

I haven't seen this posted yet, hopefully it hasn't.

Vincent Connare, designer of the most hated font ever, sympathises a world-wide ban of it. Said font is considered to be "fun, silly, and lazy".

The font, a casual script designed to look like comic-book lettering, is the bane of graphic designers, other aesthetes and Internet geeks...

I'm sure all of us know what this font is. And we're going to be happy when it's gone.

Full Story Here

EDIT: I was going to burden you all by using Comic Sans for this entire post, but, I couldn't stand to look at it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BanComicSans.com has been around for years. I have two posters from the site printed out and hanging in my cube.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog. 1234567890

Sorry...had to. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

But if we ban it we won't have anything to point and laugh at! It helps get me through my day seeing Comic Sans everywhere from work newsletters to company signs.

I find it amusing that even non-designers or typographers know what Comic Sans is, and know what it looks like. Not many other fonts are that recognized outside design circles.

Personally, I don't understand all the hate for comic sans. Sure, it's not that great, and it's waaay overused, but it has its uses, as limited as they may be.

Totally agree. When used properly (as is the case with just about every font) it's fine. The problem is that for some reason, this seems to be the most mis-used font I've ever encountered. I'm not a designer, I'm just some schlub entrenched in corporate America... but it never ceases to amaze me that I'll get important e-mails from high-ranking officers of a trillion-dollar corporation that are written in purple comic sans.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Personally, I don't understand all the hate for comic sans. Sure, it's not that great, and it's waaay overused, but it has its uses, as limited as they may be.

Totally agree. When used properly (as is the case with just about every font) it's fine. The problem is that for some reason, this seems to be the most mis-used font I've ever encountered. I'm not a designer, I'm just some schlub entrenched in corporate America... but it never ceases to amaze me that I'll get important e-mails from high-ranking officers of a trillion-dollar corporation that are written in purple comic sans.

Or reply posts from low-ranking NCOs of a billion-dollar spending corporation written in purple Comic Sans...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Or reply posts from low-ranking NCOs of a billion-dollar spending corporation written in purple Comic Sans...

The receptionist in charge here sends all of her "importantt" emails in

24 pt Comic Sans, bright pink!

It makes them "stand out" so we will "pay attention to them". It only makes me delete them faster.

Archived