New Orleans Jokers

logoman

I've watched The Dark Knight a few too many times recently and I kept thinking about "Jokers" as a nickname. I started working on this as a baseball concept and transitioned to hockey because the design seemed to fit better. This is a natural extension of my Jesters concept from a while back. I wanted my joker to be somewhat disconnected with reality. Maniacal, if you will. I used the Fleur de lis from the New Orleans city flag as the shoulder patch and the breezers get a little crescent/NOLA treatment. If things go as planned I think I'll make me an actual jersey like this. C & C is always encouraged and appreciated.

NOLAJOKERSLOGOSHEET.png

I love the colors and the logos. It really gives off a New Orleans feel to it. I can see elements of your Jesters concept in here, but this one looks more polished and it looks great on that jersey. Great job!

I love the basic idea of the concept, and the execution and logo are amazing. That said, I think that the colors don't really work. I guess they sort of play off the Dark Knight Joker theme, but they still don't look so hot on a uniform. Maybe black instead of purple? Or instead of green? And the logo's face does feel a little too fat. Nice work though, and I'm hoping for a road and alternate set.

scotland_fifasig.png

Since its not really an NHL market, I'd like to see this as perhaps an AHL, or ECHL team. I really like the way that is looks. Its kinda minor leagueish, but in a good way. It really fits the type of team New Orleans would have in the market. It also fits the city very well. Nicely done, love your work.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Me likes! Very sinister...a way of life in this city right now...but overall New Orleans in feel! Just something about purple, green and gold that marks this city in a good way! Kinda' reminds me of the jester that the Brass used when the re-vamped before leaving due to the Hornets but in a severly more demented way as intended LOL!

jesterbrass.png

Everything looks great! If you're thinking of getting a jersey made, you should make them available for purchase by the members of this site. With such an awe-inspiring design, I'm sure at least a handful of people would be willing to pay for a unique jersey such as that.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Nice look. I just wonder why people refuse to use the yellow color found on the Mardi Gras flag instead of the metallic gold so many people use. The New Orleans Brass switched from yellow to gold after a few years and I wish they hadn't. Other than that it's a GREAT look.

gYH2mW9.png

Nice look. I just wonder why people refuse to use the yellow color found on the Mardi Gras flag instead of the metallic gold so many people use. The New Orleans Brass switched from yellow to gold after a few years and I wish they hadn't. Other than that it's a GREAT look.

Thanks for the compliments. I did try this with yellow like I did for my Jesters concept but I thought the old gold looked better for this application.

great stuff logoman. i love the alternate.. i dont know if youre looking for any tips or anything but i might add a little white to the alternate to make the pieces of the hat a little more defined.. but overall, this is an amazing concept.

bullssig.png

• 2 weeks later...
I've watched The Dark Knight a few too many times recently and I kept thinking about "Jokers" as a nickname. I started working on this as a baseball concept and transitioned to hockey because the design seemed to fit better. This is a natural extension of my Jesters concept from a while back. I wanted my joker to be somewhat disconnected with reality. Maniacal, if you will. I used the Fleur de lis from the New Orleans city flag as the shoulder patch and the breezers get a little crescent/NOLA treatment. If things go as planned I think I'll make me an actual jersey like this. C & C is always encouraged and appreciated.

NOLAJOKERSLOGOSHEET.png

Love the logos.

Question: how did you create the embroidered effect on the logos? I have been looking for ages as I want to try that look on some designs that I am working on.

NOLAJOKERSLOGOSHEET.png

I was wondering what a football team would look like if you used that logo, and changed the team colors to Black, Hot Pink, and Lime Green. Call them the Harlequins. I know Hot Pink wouldn't be a preferred choice of color; but hey it's worth a try [and/or suggestion].

I was wondering what a football team would look like if you used that logo, and changed the team colors to Black, Hot Pink, and Lime Green. Call them the Harlequins. I know Hot Pink wouldn't be a preferred choice of color; but hey it's worth a try [and/or suggestion].

Actually, I have a better idea!

Imagine a pro women's hockey league is started up, and the J's decide they're buying one. They can be the New Orleans "Harleys," with red, black, and white as their color scheme (checkered unis would be cool too).

bYhYmxh.png

Archived