CFL back in Ottawa.

SenatorJake

Great, we get to see Ottawa kill another CFL franchise for a third time!! <_<

Oh... I get it Neon Matrix, you dislike Ottawa. Thanks for clarifying that for us. :rolleyes:

No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. He loves Ottawa. He's always talking about it, it makes perfect sense.

Hi, how are you?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great, we get to see Ottawa kill another CFL franchise for a third time!! <_<

Oh... I get it Neon Matrix, you dislike Ottawa. Thanks for clarifying that for us. :rolleyes:

Nah, I just know failure when I see it. I mean, look at the team I support.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

My vote for nickname:

Capitals.

Yeah, unoriginal. :)

I really hope not.

I think it would be cool if they could do something similar to the Senators in terms of design.

All I can say they better not be called the Voyageurs.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

'Renegades' was really a solid football name. It's a shame that the execution sucked, but after watching this clip I guess 'Rough Riders' is the best way to go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO6AaJurxH8

By the by, it's ludicrous that the CFL doesn't have a terrestrial broadcast agreement. They should've insisted that Globemedia put games on CTV.

My top 3 name choices.

1-Rough Riders

2-Rough Riders

3-Another word that starts with an "R" so we can bring back the old school helmets.

The Ottawa team was named the Rough Riders well before the Saskatchewan Roughriders were around. That name is ours and I'm pretty sure the CFL bought it back form Horn Chen. (which in mandarin means Douchebag Asshat)

In any case, it'll be nice when Frank Clair stadium is packed again. Hopefully the negociations with the city are quick and fruitful.

thecatch.jpg

My top 3 name choices.

1-Rough Riders

2-Rough Riders

3-Another word that starts with an "R" so we can bring back the old school helmets.

The Ottawa team was named the Rough Riders well before the Saskatchewan Roughriders were around. That name is ours and I'm pretty sure the CFL bought it back form Horn Chen. (which in mandarin means Douchebag Asshat)

In any case, it'll be nice when Frank Clair stadium is packed again. Hopefully the negociations with the city are quick and fruitful.

I HIGHLY doubt they'll be able to use the Rough Rider moniker.

Hi, how are you?

My top 3 name choices.

1-Rough Riders

2-Rough Riders

I got an idea:

Tell Saskatchewan to get a new nickname and give "Rough Riders" back to Ottawa.

(Looks like I'll be public enemy #1 in Saskatchewan. :) )

The main difference here is, the Saskatchewan Roughriders haven't folded twice.

Common sense (which I know, has no place near the CFL) that the league bought the name back for merchandising purposes.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The main difference here is, the Saskatchewan Roughriders haven't folded twice.

Neither have the Ottawa Rough Riders :P

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

I like the use of the word River in the name because Frank Clair is right next to the historic Rideau canal.

Canalmen just sounds goofy. (not to mention it sounds like anal men)

So in this case I would have to say Rivermen is a pretty good name. River Riders would be a nice compromise for those who would like to keep the Riders name but move away from the whole "2 teams with the same name" thing.

thecatch.jpg

The next question is, will there be enough perceived public pressure to have a name that works in both official languages?

If so, then we can start whittling down Riders of any kind, Rivers of any kind, etc. Voyageurs, for better or worse, may be the way to lean.

/just throwing it out there.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The next question is, will there be enough perceived public pressure to have a name that works in both official languages?

If so, then we can start whittling down Riders of any kind, Rivers of any kind, etc. Voyageurs, for better or worse, may be the way to lean.

/just throwing it out there.

I doubt it. All the recent pro teams in Ottawa have or had monolingual English name. There wasn't much controversy about them.

1zqy8ok.gif

Perhaps, but considering the AAA Lynx went out of their way to make sure the name itself was bilingual, I could see the new football team following suit.

"Rapidz"

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived