fnz's NBA Redesign

floydnimrod

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see what you're saying. I was trying to find a font similar to the old 70s era wordmark. I went with the same font for the numbers but wasn't sure if I liked it or not. I'm not really a fan of their current number font, so the update won't include their current number font.

When you say modern wordmark, are you talking about the one they use now? Or something different?

When you say modern wordmark, are you talking about the one they use now? Or something different?

i think it would be best if you could come up with something new, b/c the beveled current text is a bit bleh. try to find (or make) a nice modern combination of the old and current font.

That wordmark look much better. And the uniform design has been one of my faves so far, but it does seem a bit "Christmasy". Although I don't know how you could ever avoid that considering their colors are green and red. I don't mind it too much because it is unique to the NBA.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

excellent, excellent job with the Bucks! I love the side panels most of all because that was our prominent feature for so many years. Great work on this whole series!

ccslcsig2.pngccslcsig3.pngupdate.gifccslcsig1.pngccslcsig4.png

"That ball has a hit in it, so I want it to get back in the ball bag and goof around with the other balls in there. Maybe it'll learn some sense and come out as a pop-up next time," Mark "The Bird" Fidrych

I think having all 3 jerseys in the same set all the same color - albeit different hues - is too much. That said, I don't really see Memphis pulling off a yellow alternate. Maybe they're just stuck with the current set or adding only 1 more blue (lighter) rather than 2 more.

ujsignature.png

Aside from breaking the white jersey rule, I really like this for the Grizzlies. I like the new numbers and the striping. Keep it up.

Who's next in line?

Cleveland will be up next followed by a hiatus, undetermined in length.

I will also be updating Chicago (moving the front number up a bit), San Antonio (the collars), and Philadelphia (having the waistbands match the collars, or maybe something a little different).

For Memphis right now, I'm thinking of getting rid of the alternate. Should I make a white jersey and make on of the other the alternate (Light Blue or Really Light Blue)?

Denver needs to adopt these NOW. Awesome work, I always liked the Denver skyline unis but hated the colors. Your mixture of past and present is perfect. Great job!
Denver update #2

denvernuggets.png

These jerseys styles were the worst in history when they came out, why in the hell would you bring them back with the new colors design to it thinking it would look even 10% better than those ugly jerseys they had with the rainbow on them before.

"Every success is built on the ability to do better than good enough"

For a whole ream redesign I don't know if the nuggets one works, but any of those jerseys would work perfect as a current alternate. I think his modern take of those old jerseys are a good blend of the past and present. He brought them back and they look 100% better than the older ones to me.

Archived