Oklahoma City Thunder Logo Progression

TruColor

I have a couple of "interim" logos that were proposed by the NBA for the Thunder. These aren't particulary exciting, but are at least a little bit interesting.

We all saw the first interim logo that the team wore for the Summer League:

OklahomaCityThunder_INT_2008.png

But, before the final logo was unveiled, they also proposed THIS one:

OklahomaCityThunder_UPM_2009-9999.png

Note the addition of Silver, and a slightly lighter Navy.

For comparison, here's the current logo:

OklahomaCityThunder_PRM_2009-9999.png

There is also an alternate version of the current primary logo that contains "Oklahoma City" over the top of the logo.

I also have a couple different uniform files to share as well (don't get too excited; they're not that great)...

Before all the OKC FAIL posts, I will like to say... I'm starting to like the logo.

Thank you. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this logo has grown on me and I'm not ashamed to say it.

haha. i point and laugh! In all seriousness, some people just grow too complacent with things after time. It's natural to. It's like...okayyy, fine. I know the colors pop well but it's thoughtless in its demeanor. It's fungus.

This is not a logo nor is it a work of art nor does it attribute an NBA team. Hardly even D-League material.

With the addition of their new mascot rumble I really hope they have an actual brand on the way.

I won't say "FAILz!1" but I will say I still do not like the logo one bit. It hasn't grown on me at all, and I still try not to refer to the team by name.

It is interesting that they had all those colors already and felt it necessary to try to squeeze in Silver. I do like how the 'OKC' and drop shadow/outline was fixed from the version with Silver. That would have been worse. Looking forward to the not that great uniform files...

I'm with Ian. This just highlights how awful this identity truly is. Nothing about this is NBA quality. This isn't even junior hockey league quality.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I'm with Ian. This just highlights how awful this identity truly is. Nothing about this is NBA quality. This isn't even junior hockey league quality.

I'm shocked!!! Something Jigga doesn't like! :P I'll get you back every time I can buddy! :D As far as the logo, it's no worse or better than the Clippers, Grizzlies, Jazz, Hawks, Rockets, Mavs, Warriors, and Lakers for good measure. So before you change this one, change all the ones I listed first.

It really could've been worse. That silver would've just added to the crappiness.

IDK...I actually sort of prefer that one to the present one. Switch the light blue stripe to the navy, and remove the wordmark outlines above the logo, and it's decent in my book.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm shocked!!! Something Jigga doesn't like! :P I'll get you back every time I can buddy! :D As far as the logo, it's no worse or better than the Clippers, Grizzlies, Jazz, Hawks, Rockets, Mavs, Warriors, and Lakers for good measure. So before you change this one, change all the ones I listed first.

Call me Mr. Fix-It.

The principal problem with this logo is that it says nothing. I would like that it have some imagery or symbolism that reflect the team's name. This just tells me that Oklahoma City has a basketball team. It shouldn't require the gargantuous letters that say "THUNDER."

As far as the logo, it's no worse or better than the Clippers, Grizzlies, Jazz, Hawks, Rockets, Mavs, Warriors, and Lakers for good measure. So before you change this one, change all the ones I listed first.

Lil_Jon_Dave_Chappelle_L_461c9a590dec5.jpg

Archived