Well, hindsight is 20/20

andrewharrington

Something a whole lot simpler that pays homage to the past AND represents a completely fresh start.

lions.png

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Design-wise (colors not withstanding), these look a lot like the uniforms worn by the Eastern Conference of the NFL in the 1968 Pro Bowl: single shoulder stripe; tall, skinny-ish, simple block numbers. I like this concept a lot. Easy to recognize, but not exactly like anything they've worn before.

While I stand by my position that the Lions do not need to have a retro look to them (not even on thanksgiving IMO), I wouldn't mind all that much to see them sport these over the poor excuse for an update that they've come up with. I agree that the numbers are too thin, but overall, nice work.

I don't think these would be an upgrade. They are nicely rendered and all that, but that shoulder stripe just doesn't look like the Lions to me. These scream simple for the sake of being simple. I normally like simplicity, but I think these would become boring very fast.

I usually love your stuff, but I think this would be a lateral move from the new Lions uniforms, at best.

but that shoulder stripe just doesn't look like the Lions to me.

Isn't the point in reinventing yourself to not look like the team that's been mostly futile for 50+ years? Also, cward, I did try this first with a classic Northwestern-style sleeve, and it looked nice, but for the same reasons, I decided to scrap it in favor of a new look, a different look and a more modern look because we all know this team doesn't need more of the same.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I did try this first with a classic Northwestern-style sleeve, and it looked nice, but for the same reasons, I decided to scrap it in favor of a new look, a different look and a more modern look because we all know this team doesn't need more of the same.

Good thought...I approve

www.skyedesignstudios.com

I like this a lot, however, I don't know why so many people insist on using no white. Yes, it gives a throwback vibe, but not a timeless vibe. To me it gives off an out of date look, and an over-satuated look (when it comes to the blue jersey). It doesn't look bad, although I'd love to see the addition of white trim. As of now, a 9 out of 10. Could easily be a 10, with some white.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this; just my 2 cents.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

i love it... only changes i'd make are these:

on the helmet, make the silver outline on the logo white. it can be blue/silver on white backgrounds, and blue/white on silver backgrounds.

i'd also make the home name/numbers 1-color white. the silver pants, helmet, and stripe should be enough silver, and i think the white lettering would really bring it all together. (especially since white is an obviously big part of the road jersey, and due to nfl uniform rules, the bottom half of the socks will have to be white regardless)

i like it a lot.

Archived