Well, hindsight is 20/20

andrewharrington

To address a few points. ColeJ & LEWJ: I really like the absence of white in some uniforms, if not for the simple reason that almost everyone uses white in some fashion on their uniforms today whether it is a team color or not (road jersey color notwithstanding). I can see where some might see it as an out of date look, because it does carry a decidedly retro vibe from the days before road jerseys even existed, but I like it simply because you don't see it very often anymore; it's unique. Actually, ColeJ, I did make many attempts at incorporating white into this uniform, and while they all looked decent, it made it look like it could be anybody's uniform, and I wanted this to look different. I wanted this to look like the 'Lions' Uniform;' something that is classic, but also clean, minimal and modern all while being ownable and distinctive for the franchise.

charger77: Yes, it is stripeless, but now that you mention it, I did NOT try it with a solid blue stripe. Kind of went by the wayside, but it might look nice.

Fyrwulf: Just curious, what do you think of the USC uniform and the Houston Texans' uniform? (Two examples using similar shoulder and leg stripes)

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Interesting set. I'm not sure where the modern is in this, but it isn't too bad. Not a fan of the elongated numbers or the lack of white. Speaking of that, it is my understanding that the bottom part of the socks must be white.

I must say I like this template. Not really feeling this concept, but it was executed well.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

I agree that the numbers are a bit skinny and a tad long. i love the shoulder stripes, but im afraid the silver on white would be lost. i can see that you want to work silver into the jersey, but i think blue would look nicer. good work though. its all subjective on what direction you'd like to see the lions go. if it were in this direction, it'd be damn near perfect.

Fyrwulf: Just curious, what do you think of the USC uniform and the Houston Texans' uniform? (Two examples using similar shoulder and leg stripes)

I'm not a huge fan of the over-shoulder stripe in general, but especially not in combination with a different shape of leg stripe. On any team.

cttdolphins2.png

To be honest, I am not a fan. The shoulder stripe, leg stripe combo does seem off to me. It doesn't feel 'Lions' enough to me. The impression I get in a way is a recolored Texans uni. And the best thing about the Texans uni is the color combo IMO.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Nobody seems to like the slim numerals. Is it just because you're not used to seeing block numerals like that, or you really think they look bad? Personally, I love them and think they're an attractive, modern alternative to the classic full block numerals, but I'm wondering exactly why nobody seems to like them.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived