Texas Rangers relief pitcher wearing a Kason Gabbard jersey on the mound

wesdog82

Well this is a new one. Darren O'Day just came into the game for Texas. He is so new to the team that he is wearing Kason Gabbard's jersey on the mound. The announcers were pretty confused as to who was pitching!

Does anyone remember a player wearing another players jersey during a game?

More ridiculous than the jersey was the fact that he came into the game.

Texas' bullpen is that thinned that they needed to get him to the game before he met anyone on his team?

And why does Washington wear his pants up so high?

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

I remember a NY Rangers game over decade or so, so I don't remember the player (Nick Kypreos if I had to guess) but he got bloodied and his jersey wasn't usable the rest of the game, so he came back out in a blank jersey with a different number.

Then there's always the Michael Jordan in (I believe) #12 because his #23 was stolen (or something like that).

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

It was certainly confusing at the stadium -- we assumed the scoreboards made an error and were showing the wrong info; no play-by-play to clear that up for us.

Everyday Eddie wasn't available? He needs a new nickname

It's more that under absolutely no circumstances should Eddie be anything other than a loogy anymore.

He didn't arrive to the stadium until the 10th inning, having been acquired via waivers earlier in the day... as to why the Rangers had a Gabbard jersey laying around, I have no idea.

I wonder if this same thing happened when the couple times in MLB history a player played in a game for two different teams in the same day because of a trade?

http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/news/article....sp&c_id=tex

There's the whole thing there I guess.

You'd think they could have at least just exacto-knived the namebar off so he doesn't look like an idiot.

Except that the Rangers do not use name plates.

3467695248_7b292f8435.jpgIMG_5342.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

Kason Gabbard used to pitch for the Red Sox. I wish we still had him, instead of how we traded for Gagne. We got nothing out of that trade.

The Red Sox today acquired Gabbard from the Rangers for cash considerations. Recovering from elbow surgery, he's been assigned to Triple-A Pawtucket and will go to extended spring training.

Kason Gabbard used to pitch for the Red Sox. I wish we still had him, instead of how we traded for Gagne. We got nothing out of that trade.

The Red Sox today acquired Gabbard from the Rangers for cash considerations. Recovering from elbow surgery, he's been assigned to Triple-A Pawtucket and will go to extended spring training.

Holy crap! What a wild coincidence.

Hey can we get Kyle Snyder back? He was a pretty nice guy!

and you guys poke fun at the Nats for Majestics :censored: up!!!! the Rangers wont get half as roasted as the Nats did for something that wasnt even their fault!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

and you guys poke fun at the Nats for Majestics :censored: up!!!! the Rangers wont get half as roasted as the Nats did for something that wasnt even their fault!

On an unrelated note, does Alex Ovechkin enjoy golf?

Spoiler

New York Rangers. Stanley Cup Champions - 1928, 1933, 1940, 1994. Saskatchewan. Cold. 1905-2022.

Archived