New Texas drivers license

rainmaker17

To the unfamiliar, the new one depicts the Austin skyline. No hodgepodge of other cities buildings. I've been reading the Dallas Morning News and Houston Chronicle forums and it's pretty funny how up in arms they are about the design.

I think they should probably get over it. That would be like being offended when Washington, D.C. is used as a visual symbol for the entire nation.

Like that new NYS driver's license. Maybe I should "lose" mine just to have an excuse for a new one.

The new Ontario licences are full of holograms and tiny unique type among other things... all sorts of crazy security features

2311831837_5df2bd747c.jpg

My US green card has more holograms than a science fiction movie. Embedded finger prints, miniaturized pictures of me, holograms of the entire country, pictures of every president...

Green_Card.gif

The "black" area on the back houses a picture of every president, the state flag of all 50 states, a hologram of my picture along with all my info, a map of the country, a picture of the statue of liberty, the US seal, along with various magnetic strips and random bars. The front is one giant hologram when held the right way. It's so complex I can't even tell what all is on it, I think everything from the backside plus "USAUSAUSAUSA" over and over again.

Im not a fan of the new texas license. i like austin but i dont get why everyone in a very diverse state is stuck with a city that most of the state doesnt live in. even if it didnt have the skyline, i dont like the look. i dont like the font they used for the word texas either. the last one seemed just right to me. hopefully i can get my license renewed now before the new ones come out.

On the whole Skyline issue. On the new alternate Michigan license plate, the top has the Detroit skyline. I haven't heard any complaints on that issue here.

Because it's not true. There are apparently buildings from several Michigan skylines on it.

Which is what Texas should have done.

newsig.jpg

Oklahoma's is pretty plain... They did change it to where if it set vertical thats for anyone 18 & under, 21 & over is horizontal like this:

sodl.jpg

and yes that's mine, I'm a sex offender. My real name IS Samuel the Sample Driver

spacer.png

Ohio's are pretty plain too:

sample_odl.6884546_std.GIF

They also have vertical state ID's, Driver's permits, and I think they make vertical drivers licenses for under 18 or 21.

drivers-license.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived