Sign in to follow this  
Shane Does Art

New York Islanders Concept

So had some spare time and started playing around with an idea for an Isles set.

Tell me what you think.

C & C please.

Road:

NYIjersesyaway.png

Home:

NYIjersesyhome.png

The White jersey looks alright with that extra blue stripe on it, I'd even say it looks good. The Blue one however, Just doesn't seem to work well with that lighter blue added. It looks forced. Maybe try changing the yokes to dark blue, ditch the light on the home all together - maybe change the light blur to white ?

So had some spare time and started playing around with an idea for an Isles set.

Tell me what you think.

C & C please.

Road:

NYIjersesyaway.png

Home:

NYIjersesyhome.png

ummm, no.

at best this is jarring to look at. Especially since the first thing that popped in my mind was pittsburgh. I already have to put up with them looking like a pittsburgh penguins knockoff. i don't like the way the two shades of blue clash with each other. You might want to try a dark royal blue or navy combined with that lighter shade of blue. It'll also help the orange not be jarring to look at.

and lastly the isles don't need a jersey overhaul, they need an organizational overhaul. They have more uniform overhauls than they do playoff appearances since 94.

It's an interesting start and does look like Pittsburgh, but that's fine since they'll be moved to Kansas City soon.

If you're going to have two light colors for contrast (light blue and orange, not counting white) then I really think the blue should be more of a navy, if not even darker. There's just too much brightness going on and it becomes kind of clowny with all the different bright colors.

edit: suggestion; take the royal, make it a twinge brighter (just a twinge) and put that in place of the light blue. Then make everything that was royal and make in a deep, dark-sided (gargoyles?) navy.

I agree that the Orange next to the Light Blue looks jarring. You either need a lighter, duller Light Blue, or the two shades of Blue need to be tweaked, and one must be Navy. I'd honestly try both ideas and see which you like best. I think you have found an idea that people really support, and you should follow through with it to make it great. Nice idea.

Thanks for all the C & C guys I'm going to tweak the colours later on. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and Coast, I realize they've changed their jerseys recently, and I mentioned the organization overhaul as well. It's just a concept. I'm not making any sort of petition.

Much, much better. Can you incorporate their SC patch?

Much, much better. Can you incorporate their SC patch?

Will do. Just noticed I forgot the sleeve numbers. I'll get on that after lunch.

Keep it coming guys!

Here it is with darker blues.

Better? Worse?

NYIjersesyaway2-1.png

NYIjersesyhome2.png

Wow, surprisingly that's 100 times better... Would have never guessed the fix would be so easy... hmmm.

Here is an update with sleeve numbers and shoulder logo.

logo.png

NYIjersesyhome2withlogos.png

Looking real nice now.

Bravo. There wouldn't be a number on the front?

Is a Third Jersey in the works?

I'd also like to see an entire home/away/third uniform set.

I'm not a big fan of the numbers on the front.

Uhm... I could do a third. Orange or Royal Blue?

And I might do the whole uniform not entirely sure yet.

The update looks perfect to me. I don't see any more flaws at this point and IMO the colors jibe really well together. Congratulations on a great concept.

I'm not a big fan of the numbers on the front. Thank You :)

Uhm... I could do a third. Orange or Royal Blue? Royal Blue

And I might do the whole uniform not entirely sure yet. Can't wait whatever you decide.

Along with patsox, I approve of your concept.

At first the colors were really an eyesore IMO. But, on the update I think that the navy works great in this set and this is a great concept.