2009 NFL Draft

rams80

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, I'm thrilled that the Pack got B.J. Raji, but I'm not sure about Clay Matthews. I don't know much about him. Scouting report, anyone? Should I be happy that they got him or just annoyed that they had to give up so much.

Well he's the best special teamer of the big 3 USC linebackers, he has great speed for a Linebacker and a good open field tackler personally I don't think he'll be a starter in his first year but that might be a good thing because the one thing the Pack don't lack is Linebackers.

Projected 09 LB's

Poppinga-Barnett-Hawk-Kampman

I'm sure Matthews will give Poppinga a run for the starting job.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Okay, I'm thrilled that the Pack got B.J. Raji, but I'm not sure about Clay Matthews. I don't know much about him. Scouting report, anyone? Should I be happy that they got him or just annoyed that they had to give up so much.

If he's anything like his dad and uncle, Green Bay just got a helluvah lineman.

Kevin Huber is now a Bengal!

I now share a last name with a pro athlete!

As long as they don't really f it up, Cincinnati should get an A for this draft.

This is the best draft (as it looks now) that I think the Bengals have had in a long time. I'm very pleased with what they were able to accomplish this weekend.

PvO6ZWJ.png

As long as they don't really f it up, Cincinnati should get an A for this draft.

remember people punters are people too.

My own personal favourite moment of any of the draft coverage I saw!

(But is a punter really a pro athlete? Thats one part of football us Europeans do struggle to understand, that NFL teams pay a guy just to punt the ball! Though obviously those of us who understand the game appreciate there value as much as Rich Eisen does!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

This is the best draft (as it looks now) that I think the Bengals have had in a long time. I'm very pleased with what they were able to accomplish this weekend.

Hopefully we think the same thing in a few years.

Talent/Need wise, this looks up there with the 01 draft. Maybe we can get all these players to stay a little longer.

Hopefully we think the same thing in a few years.

Talent/Need wise, this looks up there with the 01 draft. Maybe we can get all these players to stay a little longer.

Justin Smith, Chad Johnson, Rudi Johnson, TJ Houshmandzadeh. Yeah, that was pretty good draft. Let's hope this draft class never sees a 2-14 season like they went through.

PvO6ZWJ.png

completely blown away with what the patriots did this draft. i dont know why they kept trading down and down

To muster picks. On the cheap.

This is how good teams stay good.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I can't remember the last time that only 1 player from the University of Miami has been selected it tells you how far that program as fell from the top of the nation.

As for the Packers they used the first two picks they had very well with Raji and Matthews but don't you find it they gave up a bit much with a Second and Third to the Pats for the 26th Pick? will have to wait and see how it pans out and overall a great draft for the Packers.

Yeah, 2nd + 3rd was a bit of overkill. 2nd and 4th or 5th, maybe. Still, considering how young this team is and how quickly they should become contenders again if the D can make a smooth transition to the 3-4, it's a forgivable error.

CCSLC signature.png

As for the Packers they used the first two picks they had very well with Raji and Matthews but don't you find it they gave up a bit much with a Second and Third to the Pats for the 26th Pick? will have to wait and see how it pans out and overall a great draft for the Packers.

Yeah, 2nd + 3rd was a bit of overkill. 2nd and 4th or 5th, maybe. Still, considering how young this team is and how quickly they should become contenders again if the D can make a smooth transition to the 3-4, it's a forgivable error.

I'd like to see maybe a bit more interest to get a defensive back earlier but with the trade that kinda took that out of the question but the one thing this defense will have is that is experienced and smart I think they'll handle the change great especially with Dom Capers.

Wow, Ellis Hobbs for two 5's, via Twitter.

You lost me, Bill.

I think they're attempting to get younger. :D

They signed Shawn Springs in free agency and with Darius Butler in the fold, Hobbs was completely expendable. It's not like he was THAT good anyway.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I can't remember the last time that only 1 player from the University of Miami has been selected it tells you how far that program as fell from the top of the nation.

Miami was a fairly young team in 2008, I believe.

I'd at least think they'd have 3 or so guys going to the draft?

Archived