New Washington Huskies Uniforms

TenaciousG

I rarely give props to UW, but at least they'll look like winners now:

uniform09-1.jpg

Pretty sleek. Slightly-piped road uniform, that you can see pictures of, here.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

uniform09-1.jpg

Beat me to it. As a Dawg fan, I like it, but I had hoped the purple and gold would be a little more vibrant, like they were back in the day. Not too sure about new white road pants with stripes, but we'll see. Also, would it have killed Nike or the UW athletic department to get some beefier mannequins? :grin:

Nice job, but the all white does not say UW Huskies to me. That is about as much piping as I can stand on the white jersey.

The all white just looks wrong. However, I was happy to see the white jersey/gold pants combo.

Besides the little bit of gold piping disappearing from the home uniforms, what's the difference?

They changed to a normal number font from the rounded font they had last.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

uniform09-1.jpg

Beat me to it. As a Dawg fan, I like it, but I had hoped the purple and gold would be a little more vibrant, like they were back in the day. Not too sure about new white road pants with stripes, but we'll see. Also, would it have killed Nike or the UW athletic department to get some beefier mannequins? :grin:

Guess they really wanted to emphasize the purple.

Is it just me or does it seem something of a "fad" for teams, programs, what have you, to return to "traditional" looks when they wish to "revive past glory"? (See SF 49ers for prime example.)

Having said that...I don't hate these at all, though I also do NOT understand the piping on the white jerseys (and, for that matter, why the U of Michigan does sorta the same thing). Is it not good enough to have home and road sets match? Am I missing something here?

Either way, I like purple and gold as a color pairing. I DID, however, prefer UW's previous typography. But, like I said, this ain't a bad set to "throw back" to if (since?) they had to do so.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The home uniform looks better than the aways.... The aways have that frivolous Nike clutter seen in most college jerseys. White pants do not scream Huskies to me.... The gold seems paler than the previous set - but I like the old-fashioned stripes on it.

Is it just me or does it seem something of a "fad" for teams, programs, what have you, to return to "traditional" looks when they wish to "revive past glory"? (See SF 49ers for prime example.)

Not so much a "fad" as it is "good sense". I imagine the same thing was said around '87 when there was a sea change in the MLB to older, traditional looks. I'm sure there was one guy who said "Look at those guys with the belts on their pants and buttons on their jerseys. And where are their rainbow torso stripes?"

They must have been looking to recapture the magic.

I like the new pant stripes, and I can handle the change in the numbers. I dont know why they went ahead and put the stupid piping on the white jersey, I think just the solid stripe on the sleeve would have looked fine. And the white pants, I hope they dont see the light of day.

To add to this, I'm pretty sure they have purple pants w/ no stripe like last years in this set, that they didnt show, so dont be suprised to see those sometime in the future.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived