Sign in to follow this  
TenaciousG

New Washington Huskies Uniforms

The only set that I don't like is the all-white. That's not gonna look too good with a gold helmet.

Other than that, I really dig it. Even though it's basically the same as what they had last year, except for them tweaking the numbers and adding pants stripes, which made it an upgrade. Good job, Huskies.

I love the homes.

Don't get the extra striping on the white jerseys though. Why is it there? It doesn't work with the helmet nor the pants.

And, I also don't get the slim, feminine manequin. Until I saw it on the official site, I would have sworn this was a joke only because the manequin looked to feminine. Like a WSU fan photoshopped it up.

Certainly not bad (except for white on white), but I absolutely loved the last two iterations of their look. I loved the numbers, and the shoulder striping.

Not bad on the home, can't say I like the away, the random piping that doesn't show up on the first is kinda weird. I mean I may be an Oregon Duck/Oregon jersey fan, but if you're gonna go traditional on one jersey, at least do it on the other one too.

Besides the little bit of gold piping disappearing from the home uniforms, what's the difference?

They changed to a normal number font from the rounded font they had last.

Huzzah! Looks so much better !

The rounded number font always bothered me, esp. when the primary helmet logo is a BLOCK "W".

Besides the little bit of gold piping disappearing from the home uniforms, what's the difference?

They changed to a normal number font from the rounded font they had last.

Thank the football gods. I always hated that font.

And I'm not a fan of the white on white either. Purple pants would have been a better alternative.

Double post, sorry.

I like these except for the roads. White on white is the worst possible uniform combo you could have IMO, and I am not a huge fan of the inconsistent striping on the home and away. Like it was stated before Michigan does the same thing, why not have it on both jerseys?

EDIT: actually, the first thing that came to my mind when viewing these was the incredibly skinny mannequins.

Don't suppose there is any chance of a "recall" and getting the purple striping removed before September. A nice white, like the purple, would make these a perfect set.

And I, for one, am glad to see the purple pants go. Never liked them. To me a simple rule should be two of the three (helmet, jersey, pants) should be the same color. Seeing a gold helmet, white jersey, and purple pants just doesn't work.

I went to UW from 2006 to 2008 and never, ever cared about the school beforehand. So this uniform update constitutes a radical change from what I'm used to.

I miss the purple pants, could do without the white pants, and am wondering why they raided Victoria's Secret for mannequins. The uniform were feminine to a point of being distracting.

I've learned to accept piping as a reality of uniform design, and considering how understated it is on the roads, I can live with it.

You never want to wear the same uniform you went 0-12 in, but I didn't hate the old look. Oh well.

I wish they'd done plain white numbers on the home, with no gold outline. Still, it's a big upgrade over their previous look with that awful custom font.

I do agree with others here that the white pants need to be burned before they make it onto the field, and the white jersey sucks because of the piping.

I really didn't mind the initially redesigned uniforms--the piping was tastefully done. Like the post-bib BYU uniforms, they really just suffered from the fact that they weren't the uniforms of the glory years to the UDub faithful. Aesthetically, they were fine.

uwhuskymascot.jpg

If I had a say in the matter, I think it would be interesting for Washington to switch back to the deep purple they apparently used in the 60s. They seem to have gotten the purple right in the 2007 USC game, but I'm guessing the gold from the 60s was more an old gold. I'm envisioning the throwbacks with old gold instead of vegas gold, logo and a single purple stripe on the helmet, single purple stripe on the pants, TV numbers moved to the sleeve, and two gold sleeve stripes added. I don't think any white is need on the home uniforms.

1004_large.jpg

610x.jpg

340x.jpg

The "deep purple" looked navy blue on the field and in the photos. If you're going to be purple, be purple. Nothing to be ashamed of. I love the purple and gold look.

It probably looked navy blue, because I'm pretty sure it was navy blue. I believe it was called "northwest purple" however. I feel like I remember reading somewhere that they used blue because back in the way back days the the official school colors couldnt be used because football was too dangerous and not an official sport. Let me see if I can dig up where i read that.

Also, bad news, in "The Daily", UW's newspaper, one of the articles today featured a note saying how the players really liked the white on white combo.

IIRC, the "northwest purple" navy blue was used in the 1950s and early 1960s because their uniform supplier didn't offer purple. Since it was before color television and full-color newspapers really took off, they were probably less picky about it back then.

The white on white is growing on me. Paul Lukas at UniWatch linked to some additional pictures at http://washington.rivals.com/photofeature....1&fid=28144 Maybe I have no taste - I like Cal's yellow over blue look too. :P

Great close-ups...especially of the tackle twill numbers. They look different from traditional two-layer twill numbers. I remeber Lukas posting something on the way the Ravens do their twill numbers, with one of the layers just being the outline. Does anybody know if Wahsington, or Nike as a whole, is using a similar technique? Or could the gold outline merely be the stitching on the white twill nubmers?

Epic pass!

A major upgrade IMHO. I'm so glad they went back to stripes on the pants that match the helmet stripes. I also like the sleeve cuff on the white jersey, but, like many others here, I abhor the stupid and pointless piping. Even when they do a mostly good job as they have here, it seems like Nike always has to piss on it somehow to mark their territory.