Padres and Pirates

Candyc0ded

Amazing to see in real life. I've been calling for this look for YEARS! Yes some are adverse to brown but come on, brown and Friars go hand in hand. The Padres should quit listening to rigged focus groups that falsely claim people want navy and sand, and go back to these. They'd immediately shoot to the top 10 in MLB sales AND have a well designed look. Can't beat that.

Ditto Hawk, IMHO the Padres should go back to the brown, red and gold color scheme they wore in the mid 80's; the color brown and friars go hand in hand. But I can also see where the Navy blue color scheme comes into play because of how much sealife is important to the San Diego area.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd be interested to see them keep the light blue from their current look though, and mix it with the brown. And then perhaps find a medium between the yellow and a flat tannish gold.

I like the idea of Brown and Light Blue. Very trendy. Very Tufts College.

I'd be interested to see them keep the light blue from their current look though, and mix it with the brown. And then perhaps find a medium between the yellow and a flat tannish gold.

If you wanna give me some colors to work with, I'd be kinda interested in putting a concept together in my free time (of which there's little, but still).

They can be based on colors they've actually used or new ideas you've got, I don't care.

But brown, light blue, and some shade of gold... whatchu think?

If you wanna give me some colors to work with, I'd be kinda interested in putting a concept together in my free time (of which there's little, but still).

They can be based on colors they've actually used or new ideas you've got, I don't care.

Maybe try this:

SanDiegoPadres_PF2_0000_SOL_SRGB.png

Maybe try this:

SanDiegoPadres_PF2_0000_SOL_SRGB.png

I love this color pallet. The brown gets back to the original Friar robe and the blue and sand are very San Diego city. You could even say that the blue is sky blue, heavenly, which ties into the Friar too. All in all a great solution.

It just came across me, but I know in Pittsburgh sports history, they changed the Penguins colors to match the other pro teams in the city. The colors you've used as a potential prototype uni look somewhat similar to the Charger Uni's (except the brown). It would be a cool thing to have that in mind when designing a new Padre uniform.

Archived