Annual Draft Picks' New Unis thread

dwboiler

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice to see that the WR will be wearing traditional WR numbers!

Why wouldn't they? Wide receivers can only wear numbers in the traditional 10-19 and 80-89 ranges.

I think his point is that 10-19 are not "traditional" WR numbers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why wouldn't they? Wide receivers can only wear numbers in the traditional 10-19 and 80-89 ranges.

Unless you're an RB or QB moonlighting as a wideout.... :D

See Metcalf, Terry/Eric and White, Patrick.

On another note, that "5" on Josh Freeman's jersey is just SO wrong, on SO many levels. Take some time and get it right, NFL shop!!! :cursing:

(On yet another note, I see many teams are going with this newfangled jersey cut/template/style/design/whatever-you-wanna-call-it. Really makes me miss the old traditional-style jersey cut/template/design for some odd reason.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I meant that they will be wearing numbers in the 80's. I hate seeing the 10-19 numbers on WR.

BwZsPH2.jpg

No pics yet for Miami's rookies. I beleive the press conferences are scheduled for Thursday or Friday to introduce all their rookies. Here are the number assignments according to thier website. I'll try to get pics as soon as they are available.

Sean Smith: 31

Vontae Davis: 24

Pat White: 6

Patrick Turner: 84

Chris Clemons: 30

Andrew Gardner: 63

Brian Hartline: 82

John Nalbone: 86

JD Folsom: 59

This one's gon' be REAL interesting.

If memory serves me correctly, so long as the Dolphins list him as a QB, he can keep the single-digit #, right? But, I think most of us know what'll end up coming out of him..and I for one am actually amped up to see what's gon come of Miami's wildcat this year and beyond (which is funny considering no part of me is a Dolfan thanks to my uncle).

On an entirely different note...has anyone else noticed "6" has been the en vogue QB number for at least the past two or three years now? First Jay Cutler and the one cat from Clemson (both of were #6 while in college), now to Mark Sanchez and Pat White (and I know I'm missing a few). All this after not having seen a prominent #6 QB in the NFL since, who, Bubby Brister???

And Marc Wilson of the Raiders in the early 80's.

Totally agree with you on this one.

Remember before Donovan McNabb came to the NFL #5 was a rare number for a QB. One I remember was Dieter Brock for the LA Rams in 1985. That was the first I saw a QB wear #5. #4 was also a rare one when Steve Fuller wore it for KC and Da Bears. Brett Favre made it popular again. Bobby Hebert wore #3 which you didn't see and Dare I Say His Name, Tim Couch and #2.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

No pics yet for Miami's rookies. I beleive the press conferences are scheduled for Thursday or Friday to introduce all their rookies. Here are the number assignments according to thier website. I'll try to get pics as soon as they are available.

If memory serves me correctly, so long as the Dolphins list him as a QB, he can keep the single-digit #, right? But, I think most of us know what'll end up coming out of him..and I for one am actually amped up to see what's gon come of Miami's wildcat this year and beyond (which is funny considering no part of me is a Dolfan thanks to my uncle).

On an entirely different note...has anyone else noticed "6" has been the en vogue QB number for at least the past two or three years now? First Jay Cutler and the one cat from Clemson (both of were #6 while in college), now to Mark Sanchez and Pat White (and I know I'm missing a few). All this after not having seen a prominent #6 QB in the NFL since, who, Bubby Brister???

Remember before Donovan McNabb came to the NFL #5 was a rare number for a QB. One I remember was Dieter Brock for the LA Rams in 1985. That was the first I saw a QB wear #5. #4 was also a rare one when Steve Fuller wore it for KC and Da Bears. Brett Favre made it popular again. Bobby Hebert wore #3 which you didn't see and Dare I Say His Name, Tim Couch and #2.

Single-digit QBs (other than 9 and 7) were relatively rare. Steve Walsh (4 with the Saints, 3 with the Cowboys) was another example.

For most of my childhood, QBs wore 7, 9, 11, 12, 16. The "stars" generally wore 12 for some reason.

It was very (very) rare to find "good" QBs with numbers outside of that range. Obvious exceptions to the "good" player rule would be Warren Moon with 1, a few with 8, Bubby Brister with 6, and of course Marino with 13. Not many (if any) good ones with 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19.

And no, Steve DeBerg and David Kreig (both 17) don't qualify as "good".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Single-digit QBs (other than 9 and 7) were relatively rare. Steve Walsh (4 with the Saints, 3 with the Cowboys) was another example.

For most of my childhood, QBs wore 7, 9, 11, 12, 16. The "stars" generally wore 12 for some reason.

It was very (very) rare to find "good" QBs with numbers outside of that range. Obvious exceptions to the "good" player rule would be Warren Moon with 1, a few with 8, Bubby Brister with 6, and of course Marino with 13. Not many (if any) good ones with 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19.

And no, Steve DeBerg and David Kreig (both 17) don't qualify as "good".

Dave Krieg:True

Steve DeBerg now is a little different becuase almost everywhere he went he was preceding a future legend, such as Joe Montana and John Elway, he didn't come into his own until he played at KC.

PersonDivided-2-1.png

Jim Hart - #17.

Johnny Unitas - #19.

And didn't Roman Gabriel wear #18?

Jim Hart - #17.

Johnny Unitas - #19.

And didn't Roman Gabriel wear #18?

Yeah, I was gonna say Unitas... he wasn't too bad. :D

How about Darryl Lamonica #3? (Not great, but with a few good Raider teams)

Well, I did say my list was based on my childhood :D

Not suprised you beat me to it. Here's a different pic.

265776.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Archived