Annual Draft Picks' New Unis thread

dwboiler

Chung.jpg

That looks like a great throwback, here is a closer look at the shoulders:

04302009chung600.jpg

That jersey is a thing of beauty!

I'm torn...as much as I want one these, I want to hold out for the white version. I e-mailed the Pats ProShop, and unfortunately, there aren't any plans for the production of a white replica. :cry:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to boston.com writer Mike Reiss, Chung will be #25. Here's the entire list of Patriots rookie numbers for this weekend's mini-camp.

8 ? QB Brian Hoyer

11 -- WR Julian Edelman

19 ? WR Brandon Tate

25 ? S Patrick Chung

27 ? CB Darius Butler

30 ? S Marcus McClinton

38 ? DB Jamar Love

46 ? LB Antonio Appelby

47 ? LS Jake Ingram

53 ? LB Tyrone McKenzie

60 ? NT Ron Brace

62 ? C/G Rich Ohrnberger

69 ? DL Darryl Richard

75 ? OL George Bussey

76 ? OL Sebastian Vollmer

91 ? DL Myron Pryor

91 ? OL Jermail Porter

IIRC, Edelman is the first Patriots player given #11 since Drew Bledsoe was traded in '02.

Denver Broncos rookie numbers

Tom Brandstater - 3

Britton Colquitt - 4

Kenny McKinley - 11

Travis Shelton - 13

Lucas Taylor - 17

Knowshon Moreno - 27

David Bruton - 30

Alphonso Smith - 33

Darcel McBath - 34

D.J. Johnson - 35

Tony Carter - 37

Kestahn Moore - 38

Braxton Kelley - 48

Lee Robinson - 51

Jeff Schweiger - 53

Robert Ayers - 56

Blake Schlueter - 63

Everette Pedescleaux - 64

Rulon Davis - 65

Stanley Bryant - 68

Seth Olsen - 70

Chris Baker - 71

Marcus Gordin - 75

Richard Quinn - 81

David Grimes - 82

Nate Swift - 83

Marquez Branson - 85

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

Colts Rookies -

31 Brown, Donald

49 Powers, Jerraud

17 Collie, Austin

73 Thomas, Jaimie

01 McAfee, Pat

36 Anderson, Brandon

45 Humber, Ramon

97 Kuntz, Pat

83 Matthews, John

15 McDermott, Brett

64 Grady, Adrian

38 Harrison, Brandon

95 Moala, Fili

46 Cloherty, Colin

16 Lacey, Jacob

64 Lewis, Cornelius

02 Masthay, Tim

69 Pestock, Tom

46 Sales, Tyrell

62 Taylor, Terrance

07 Painter, Curtis

Newest Titans....

Sen'Derrick Marks #72

Troy Kropag, #70

Gerald McRath #51

Jared Cook, #89

Ryan Durand, #77

Dominique Edison #19

Nick Schommer, #39

Jason McCourty #30

Javon Ringer #3

Kenny Britt #18

Ryan Mouton #29

Surely the NFL won't allow Ringer to keep #3 once the season starts.

Now the only thing that remains unresolved is the resolution of the problem.

According to boston.com writer Mike Reiss, Chung will be #25. Here's the entire list of Patriots rookie numbers for this weekend's mini-camp.

75 ? OL George Bussey

What about Vince Wilfork?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

75 ? OL George Bussey

What about Vince Wilfork?

Typically, teams issue the same number to different players because there just aren't enough numbers to go around. So what you sometimes see is a defensive player and an offensive player with the same number. Wilfork's a nose tackle, so he's got what's dubbed as "75-blue" (blue being the jersey color for defensive players in Patriots practice) and Bussey, an offensive lineman, has "75-white" (since offensive players wear white). In any event, Bussey's 75 will likely change before he ever suits up for actual NFL game.

I'm torn...as much as I want one these, I want to hold out for the white version. I e-mailed the Pats ProShop, and unfortunately, there aren't any plans for the production of a white replica. :cry:

Shoot...if you ever do hear of plans to make white ones, let me know. I'd love to pick up a Brady jersey.

Shoot...if you ever do hear of plans to make white ones, let me know. I'd love to pick up a Brady jersey.

Will do. I actually caved and bought a red Welker throwback over the weekend. Hopefully, a white Brady throwback is in the works.

Single-digit QBs (other than 9 and 7) were relatively rare. Steve Walsh (4 with the Saints, 3 with the Cowboys) was another example.

For most of my childhood, QBs wore 7, 9, 11, 12, 16. The "stars" generally wore 12 for some reason.

It was very (very) rare to find "good" QBs with numbers outside of that range. Obvious exceptions to the "good" player rule would be Warren Moon with 1, a few with 8, Bubby Brister with 6, and of course Marino with 13. Not many (if any) good ones with 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19.

And no, Steve DeBerg and David Kreig (both 17) don't qualify as "good".

Vet,

Not sure how old you are so when speaking of your childhood I think you missed a couple of real important QB's who wore numbers from your list (2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19). The obvious is Brett Favre with 4, but if your older than that and that's why you didn't mention him than you gotta include Fran Tarkenton with 10. I bring up Tarkenton because he was around during my childhood and I always thought it was weird how just about every starting QB was 12 except him. When I was really little I thought Starting QB had to be 12, Starting RB had to be 32, Fullback 34, WR's 80 and 81, only because that is what the Bills Starters wore when I first became a big time fan.

Single-digit QBs (other than 9 and 7) were relatively rare. Steve Walsh (4 with the Saints, 3 with the Cowboys) was another example.

For most of my childhood, QBs wore 7, 9, 11, 12, 16. The "stars" generally wore 12 for some reason.

It was very (very) rare to find "good" QBs with numbers outside of that range. Obvious exceptions to the "good" player rule would be Warren Moon with 1, a few with 8, Bubby Brister with 6, and of course Marino with 13. Not many (if any) good ones with 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19.

And no, Steve DeBerg and David Kreig (both 17) don't qualify as "good".

Vet,

Not sure how old you are so when speaking of your childhood I think you missed a couple of real important QB's who wore numbers from your list (2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19). The obvious is Brett Favre with 4, but if your older than that and that's why you didn't mention him than you gotta include Fran Tarkenton with 10. I bring up Tarkenton because he was around during my childhood and I always thought it was weird how just about every starting QB was 12 except him. When I was really little I thought Starting QB had to be 12, Starting RB had to be 32, Fullback 34, WR's 80 and 81, only because that is what the Bills Starters wore when I first became a big time fan.

I'm 31. I don't consider Favre part of my childhood... he was getting big when I was in college. Tarkenton was way before my time. I consider my childood (at least in football terms) to be 1986 - 1993 (maybe 1994, as that was the last season before I started college.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Nice to see that the WR will be wearing traditional WR numbers!

Why wouldn't they? Wide receivers can only wear numbers in the traditional 10-19 and 80-89 ranges.

I meant that they will be wearing numbers in the 80's. I hate seeing the 10-19 numbers on WR.

he knew what you meant

Archived