Carolina Hurricanes concept

JCC

It looks kinda sun-bleached right now. Black is definitely necessary, or possibly changing the red to a much darker shade.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

As another diehard Caniac, I'm gonna say... it's ok. The emphasis on silver is a fresh idea, and it would provide a very unique scheme to the NHL. But sans any black at all, it tends to look flat and washed out.

I think the striping is nice and simple. That pattern translates well from the black alternate. I would say lose the stripes on the pants, though. They aren't the same thickness as the others, so that looks odd, and also I would make the socks stripes match the sleeves and waist.

I think if you added a little black very strategically, you'd have a heck of a concept. You definitely need a touch in the primary logo, and the inner square in the flag logo really needs to be black. Maybe consider just a thin black stripe where you have red touching silver, because that interaction is where it's muddying up.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

black trim would kill the effect of replacing black with sleek silver on an almost unchanged Hurricanes jersey. if there was black, we would be missing the point that black has been erased in all the places where there is silver in this instance. a white chinstrap would be killer, the players would look bubble-hockey player replicas. the Kansas City Blades will be the next team in the NHL. The colors will be black, red, silver, and white. Almost exactly like San Jose's original jerseys but with red instead of teal. Teal and Black concepts should be more original. I like orange, but with silver and blue, not teal and black.

Archived