Denver BrownCows throwbacks this year

Carter23

capt.bcd5315167634a599544266f2492621a.correction_broncos_draft_football_coea101.jpg

Denver Broncos' vice president Jim Saccomano holds a 1960's team jersery as he shows the uniform that the Broncos will wear during games this season in celebration of their 50th anniversery at the team's headquarters in Englewood, Colo., on Saturday, April 25, 2009. The Broncos will wear the throw back uniforms during a home game with New England and at a road game with San Diego.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that yellow jersey.

It's beautiful.

Anyone hear for sure whether AFL teams will be painting up there fields with old logos and wordmarks?

I know the Chargers have before. And the Jets recolor theirs, but they still said Jets, not Titans.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I love that yellow jersey.

It's beautiful.

Anyone hear for sure whether AFL teams will be painting up there fields with old logos and wordmarks?

I know the Chargers have before. And the Jets recolor theirs, but they still said Jets, not Titans.

I remember reading on here that they were going all out with AFL fields. Now, that's way before my time, so I don't know what exactly would be different about the fields but I'd guess that there would be logos at midfield and/or in the end zones.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

They're alts. No third jerseys for those clubs this season.

Do away jerseys count as an alternate, or just a variation of one set? Does the counting go home/away/alt, or standard/alt/2nd alt? Basically, I'm asking...does the Broncos wearing these brown monstrosities this year take the place of the Orange alts?

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

They're alts. No third jerseys for those clubs this season.

Do away jerseys count as an alternate, or just a variation of one set? Does the counting go home/away/alt, or standard/alt/2nd alt? Basically, I'm asking...does the Broncos wearing these brown monstrosities this year take the place of the Orange alts?

In a word, Yes.

The Broncos have four jerseys this year - navy home, white road, brown home alt and white road alt.

As much as I'd love to see the Broncos go back to orange jerseys, I'd gladly trade these beauties for the orange alts for the season.

I WANT TO SEE PAT PATRIOT AT MIDFIELD!!!!

That's an awesome idea!!

Is the Flying Elvis painted onto the field or is it part of the turf there?

New England paints their graphics on their field-turf as the Jets/Giants, Vikings, Falcons, Saints & Seahawks do. So, if the Patriots host a Throwback game, they could change the logo and word-mark.

Archived