Denver BrownCows throwbacks this year

Carter23

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're alts. No third jerseys for those clubs this season.

Do away jerseys count as an alternate, or just a variation of one set? Does the counting go home/away/alt, or standard/alt/2nd alt? Basically, I'm asking...does the Broncos wearing these brown monstrosities this year take the place of the Orange alts?

In a word, Yes.

The Broncos have four jerseys this year - navy home, white road, brown home alt and white road alt.

As much as I'd love to see the Broncos go back to orange jerseys, I'd gladly trade these beauties for the orange alts for the season.

Which is weird after they broke out the oranges last year (after a few years off) and introduced their new signing (Dawkins) in orange this year. NFL shop also shows the preview of an orange in the "new players/new teams" section.

KISSwall09.jpg

Do away jerseys count as an alternate, or just a variation of one set? Does the counting go home/away/alt, or standard/alt/2nd alt? Basically, I'm asking...does the Broncos wearing these brown monstrosities this year take the place of the Orange alts?

In a word, Yes.

The Broncos have four jerseys this year - navy home, white road, brown home alt and white road alt.

As much as I'd love to see the Broncos go back to orange jerseys, I'd gladly trade these beauties for the orange alts for the season.

Which is weird after they broke out the oranges last year (after a few years off) and introduced their new signing (Dawkins) in orange this year. NFL shop also shows the preview of an orange in the "new players/new teams" section.

Speculation on the Broncos Country boards is that it's a sign that McDaniels is going to have them switch the orange jerseys to the home jerseys this season.

broncos00.pngnuggets00.pngavalanche00.png

I WANT TO SEE PAT PATRIOT AT MIDFIELD!!!!

That's an awesome idea!!

Is the Flying Elvis painted onto the field or is it part of the turf there?

New England paints their graphics on their field-turf as the Jets/Giants, Vikings, Falcons, Saints & Seahawks do. So, if the Patriots host a Throwback game, they could change the logo and word-mark.

im pretty sure the broncos play on grass, how can they not paint their logos on the field?

In a word, Yes.

Speculation on the Broncos Country boards is that it's a sign that McDaniels is going to have them switch the orange jerseys to the home jerseys this season.

I highly doubt that a coach has that much control over the marketing / merchandising of the team. If they were switching, we'd know it by now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

In a word, Yes.

I highly doubt that a coach has that much control over the marketing / merchandising of the team. If they were switching, we'd know it by now.

I agree with you, but there are a bunch of people on the Broncos boards theorizing that the reason Dawkins was shown with an orange jersey is because they're going to switch the orange to the primary... which I would love, but I seriously don't think it's happening, at least not this year anyway.

I WANT TO SEE PAT PATRIOT AT MIDFIELD!!!!

That's an awesome idea!!

Is the Flying Elvis painted onto the field or is it part of the turf there?

New England paints their graphics on their field-turf as the Jets/Giants, Vikings, Falcons, Saints & Seahawks do. So, if the Patriots host a Throwback game, they could change the logo and word-mark.

im pretty sure the broncos play on grass, how can they not paint their logos on the field?

I guess I wasn't really clear. I was just listing teams that use field turf yet paint their graphics on the field. Some teams with field turf sew colored segments in to the field. Knowing Denver, they will do an awesome job for the throwback game. they always have nice graphics.

In a word, Yes.

I agree with you, but there are a bunch of people on the Broncos boards theorizing that the reason Dawkins was shown with an orange jersey is because they're going to switch the orange to the primary... which I would love, but I seriously don't think it's happening, at least not this year anyway.

I think it's too late for any jersey changes to happen for this year...? Somebody that knows more than I do can say for sure. As for the head coach having a say, there was a reason that the orange alts hardly saw the light of day during the Shanahan era - he hated 'em. McDaniels as a first-year coach may not have a lot of say, but Shanahan, who always (at least until last December) had Bowlen's ear, certainly did.

On a personal note, I think that if the team is going to make the blue-to-orange switch, this year or next is the absolute perfect time. New coach/new staff, new quarterback, new "era"...it makes too much sense. Besides, after the Cutler debacle and McDaniel's "draft", this team is in serious need of some good will from its fans, and a switch back to the Orange Crush era would provide just that. Though maybe they're waiting for after the 09 season when they'll be able to sign an actual quarterback.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I remember reading on here that they were going all out with AFL fields.

Wow, so....goalposts on the goal line? lol

Now THAT would be the EPITOME of "awesomely awesome awesomeness", to steal a phrase from my folk Greg.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Now THAT would be the EPITOME of "awesomely awesome awesomeness", to steal a phrase from my folk Greg.

As awesome as that would be... it's MUCH too dangerous, especially in today's game.

Question....here is a pic of the Broncos against the Chargers from either 60 or 61. Is this a preseason game? The numbers are missing from the helmets.

photo18634.jpg

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

As awesome as that would be... it's MUCH too dangerous, especially in today's game.

Well, they seem to be able to do it in Canada. Besides, it would only be dangerous the first time a team got close to the end zone. After a receiver/safety flattened themselves I am sure everyone would stay well clear. :P

socks are a great idea, but I mean...brown and yellow...those colors remind me of things we all do in bowls, but not superbowls...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

In a word, Yes.

btw sweet sig man! haha

Question....here is a pic of the Broncos against the Chargers from either 60 or 61. Is this a preseason game? The numbers are missing from the helmets.

photo18634.jpg

I don't know if that was preseason or not, but based on the Chargers having blue bolts on the helmet, pants and jersey it was most likely in 1960. I guess it is possible the Chargers might have used their old blue bolt uniforms in preseason 1961, but I suspect they would have wanted to create their San Diego identity and would have used their new yellow bolt uniforms starting with their first preseason game in 1961.

Archived