Rebranding the MLB: Part 6

elliott

I'm getting quite the Mickey D's vibe from this.

And that has what to do with baseball?

The logos he made remind me of the McDonald's logos with the bevels and the red and yellow and everything. It makes me want a quarter pounder really badly. I would have preferred to see silver or blue as the accent color in order to avoid comparisons like these.

I would rather have a unique color scheme for the MLB to avoid comparisons with all the other Red, White, and Blue/Navy teams: Boston, Cleveland, Minnesota, Texas, Atlanta, Chicago NL, St. Louis, Philadelphia, and Washington.

If we were talking about fast food restaurant redesign then I would agree with you, but were talking about the MLB.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I am quite liking the uniforms here, but there is still something about the logos that are putting me off, and I don't quite know what it is. Something about the wings doesn't quite erm mesh. Overall though pretty good.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I really like these. Like was mentioned, maybe a little bit of gold (and I would use more of a gold than a yellow) on the cap and the red jersey, but the home and road are really nice.

Whatever you do just don't add any blue. Too much blue with some gold and you have the Nationals (or is it the Natinals now???).

I love this concept. it is one of the few concepts i would love to see the angels implement. reminds me of John Fante novels and prison - no I like it. Although, the angels could save this concept and leave this for a Cuban or Floridian team in the future. Miami Marlins could use a Hemingway feel. I really feel like this lettering reminds me of the 1950s and I love the Angels red. White is barely used, but needed in all the right places. I would make a change to the away jersey though, i do not like the white on red on gray wool affect. The number should be silver or gray, or even yellow, in the white spaces on the away jersey. the gray would become a part of the color scheme because white has been introduced. I would even say that a gray hat with red bill and red and gray hat logo would look cool again nowadays. i would just rid the jersey and hat of white on the away jersey, hey it would make the home jerseys look brighter and more angelic.

10/10 stars. seriously.

I'm getting quite the Mickey D's vibe from this.

And that has what to do with baseball?

The logos he made remind me of the McDonald's logos with the bevels and the red and yellow and everything. It makes me want a quarter pounder really badly. I would have preferred to see silver or blue as the accent color in order to avoid comparisons like these.

I would rather have a unique color scheme for the MLB to avoid comparisons with all the other Red, White, and Blue/Navy teams: Boston, Cleveland, Minnesota, Texas, Atlanta, Chicago NL, St. Louis, Philadelphia, and Washington.

If we were talking about fast food restaurant redesign then I would agree with you, but were talking about the MLB.

I think a baby blue would be appropriate as an accent color. It's a color you identify with Angels (not really sure how they became red in the first place), it's rarely used in MLB today (Blue Jays as alts, Marlins have a sort of teal, anyone else), and baby blue as an accent is definitely distinct from their crosstown rivals.

Also I'm not sure about the winged A logo in white. The red bevels sort of clash with the white (while the red A looks great with white bevels). Again, I don't know. maybe baby blue bevels? Finally, the A logo on the cap either needs a gold halo, or bring back the halos on top of the cap.

This looks like a great start and with a few tweaks, it could be perfect.

• 8 months later...

That logo is killer, man. My only suggestion would be, as others have said before, get some gold on those uniforms, maybe outlining the wordmarks (?).

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived