Los Angeles Dodgers

Drew22

I made some changes to what I think the LA Dodgers should be wearing. I stuck with the old Dodger Blue, but I added silver accents. I got rid of the red number, since I think it looks stupid and out of place. I added some piping to the jerseys and brought back a blue alternate jersey.

dodgershomeandaway.png

dodgersalt.png

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Damn.... When i first read the title i said "No!! not another dodger topic they look fine as it is", but this is a MAJOR upgrade in my book and god bless you for getting rid of the red

Well, those red numbers have been there since 1952, so that is a lot of tradition to mess with. :) Overall I really like these. I would give them a solid B+ or maybe an A-.

Not a big fan of the pants striping as I think it would look a little too 80ish. I also think the sleeve stripes on the home would look better as blue-white-blue, but in both cases I understand why you did it the way you did. LOVE the socks (even if you would never see them on Ramirez.

Nice, but you've got to keep the red numbers. The red numbers are what makes the team instantly identifiable as the Dodgers, even before you read the name on the jersey. If you make the numbers blue, then they're just the Royals with a different name.

Nice, but you've got to keep the red numbers. The red numbers are what makes the team instantly identifiable as the Dodgers, even before you read the name on the jersey. If you make the numbers blue, then they're just the Royals with a different name.

What's the point of the red numbers though? Red isn't one of their colors. I ditched them because they look out of place.

What's the point of the red numbers though? Red isn't one of their colors. I ditched them because they look out of place.

Yeah, but by removing the red and making some of your other changes you made them look more like the Royals. Ironic, huh?

Well, technically...

__dodgers_logo.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yeah, but by removing the red and making some of your other changes you made them look more like the Royals. Ironic, huh?

How so?

Well, technically...

True, but that's like the Steelers having red and blue on their unis.

How so?

Well, technically...

True, but that's like the Steelers having red and blue on their unis.

The red makes them look like the Dodgers. The Dodgers' current look is what I would call iconic. Removing the red makes it ironic. Red is an integral part of the Dodger's identity, and it has been for as long as I remember. For as long as I can remember, the Royals have been simply blue and white. You tried so hard to "make the Dodgers look like the Dodgers" that you did the exact opposite. That's ironic.

What about when they were the Brooklyn Dodgers? No red numbers back then. Besides, the Dodgers have been around before the Royals, so can I say that the Royals are a Dodgers knockoff?

I think the concept looks great, I've always hated the red numbers. One question though: why aren't the number fonts the same? The home and away numbers look different.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

What about when they were the Brooklyn Dodgers? No red numbers back then. Besides, the Dodgers have been around before the Royals, so can I say that the Royals are a Dodgers knockoff?

I think the concept looks great, I've always hated the red numbers. One question though: why aren't the number fonts the same? The home and away numbers look different.

The numbers are the same. Standard MLB Block from eriqjaffe's font pack.

if i cant say anything nice, i shouldnt say anything at all. i will anyways. youve destroyed a classic. if you want to re-do the dodgers on the premise of messing with an icon just to see what it'd be like, go for it. but saying you improved my beloved boys in blue by removing red and adding silver gets you on the :censored:list right next to Fox NewsCorp.

The numbers are the same. Standard MLB Block from eriqjaffe's font pack.

My mistake, the numbers on the on the away and alt look thinner than the ones on the home set.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The red makes them look like the Dodgers. The Dodgers' current look is what I would call iconic. Removing the red makes it ironic. Red is an integral part of the Dodger's identity, and it has been for as long as I remember. For as long as I can remember, the Royals have been simply blue and white. You tried so hard to "make the Dodgers look like the Dodgers" that you did the exact opposite. That's ironic.

I am forced to agree.

The Dodgers are white and blue with a touch of red. That's their identity, and has been since Brooklyn.

Brooklyn_Dodgers_1955.jpg

The Dodgers were the first team in Major League history to implore the front number, back in 1952 (and would have it for their final 6 seasons in Brooklyn). It has been red since they adopted it. The Royals wanted to look like the Dodgers of the midwest, but with this, even with the touches of silver, the Dodgers now look like the Royals of the west coast and that's just insulting... to the Dodgers.

All blue script and numbers with blue piping on sleeves and pants (Again, the silver isn't enough to differentiate) added to the blue cap with white logo makes it too Royals-esque. The red number is a MUST to stay. Actually, their home uniforms, other than the sometimes change in sleeve logo, really never need to be touched. And, IMO, their current roads look great couple with their homes, even if they have touches of piping not found on the home set.

The short answer is tradition. I don't mean that glibly, because I think in this case it is important. The uniforms are one of the things that keep the link between the Brooklyn Dodgers and the LA Dodgers. And as far as relocated teams are concerned I think the link between the old and the new with this franchise is vital. It would be criminal if the Brooklyn Dodgers were lost to the annals of time. People in my view have to look at the uni and draw a comparison between the current team and the likes of Roy Campanella, Duke Snyder, Jackie Robinson and the whole of the 50s Dodgers teams.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived