New scoreboard bug on Versus

fuzzy510

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 round into the new bug and Versus has already made some tweaks. The logos have been enlarged to take up both rows on the scorebug. The period and time are not on a whie background. The city names and other text is alsro larger and bolded. I'm watching in SD so I don't know what the sides for HD look like, if there were changes there.

HD sides are the same. It seems like they just took the fonts from the old scoreboard bug

2IA3b.png

It's great watching Versus; every new round of the playoffs, we get to watch them try to fix what they broke. Getting closer, guys...

Oh, and if they stick with this configuration, good luck next time they get a Flyers game. No way is "Philadelphia" squeezing in there if Pittsburgh barely fits.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'm gonna have to say I like the previous one better. This one is a step backwards IMO. They took one of the weaker points of the old bug and applied it on the new bug. There must have been a font somewhere between eurostile and eurostile black extended that would have worked better than this.

There's still too much crap. Why do they need to say it's in HD in two places at once? If you're watching the game on a screen that fits the little HD bugs, shouldn't the high definition of the telecast be self-evident? Are you required to emblazon the letters on everything in HD, as if we're still in the days where this would put you in the broadcasting vanguard? I'm pretty sure my public access channel broadcasts in high definition. Park District Report, now clearer than ever.

I don't understand the red and black boxes on the outsides of the logos, which themselves don't need to be there. Eurostile Extended is so overused at this point that I could do with never seeing it again, but I guess it's the best option when you need short wide letters. You could easily fit "CAR" and "PIT" right above the scores there and excise everything to the left and right of the goals/period/time, with a penalty clock popping out on the side as needed. Just keep it simple.

Oh, and the center logo reads "Versus Versus," which is kind of a microcosm of the whole redundancy dilemma.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Sorry for the horrible quality of this (I have Paint... I don't have the money to buy photoshop just yet)

But couldn't this work for Versus? (based on the general theme they've had and the suggestions from you folk)

untitled-42.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived