Another Creamerboard Encounter

Well, I just got back into town after enjoying a fine evening of hockey with Joe, a/k/a Winters in Buffalo (note I said a fine evening of hockey and not an evening of fine hockey - Joe will give me an amen on that). I echo his sentiments that it was really cool to meet face to face with another member of the boards - Joe is a great guy with a terrific girlfriend (she loves hockey, what a bonus!). This board and its network of fantasy leagues is the only online activity in which I participate and the reason for that is because I have a sense that the people here are the kind of people with whom I would hang out if we all lived in the same town. Meeting a fellow member in person last night did a lot to prove that theory correct. Even if we aren't able to pull off a family reunion (and I claim #56 if we get jerseys) I highly recommend making an effort to meet fellow Creamerites when we are traveling to their homes. I think the Guestmap thread which is already stickied would be the best place to announce our travels - that's what I did this time around and I am very glad I did. Thanks again to Joe for his fine hospitality and hopefully I'll get to meet more of you down the line.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I claim #33. I've worn it on every team I've played for since I was 10 years old, so I consider it mine... Larry who? Bird? Who's he? :D

Rather than to just get together at a game in Toronto or something (Argos!), why not put together a weekend package of sorts. I'm sure a local, suburban hotel would love to host "CreamerCon 2004."

It could be a full weekend event:

-- Friday night check-in at the hotel, with a late-night meet-and-greet for those who arrive early.

-- A Saturday morning breakfast, followed by a golf outing for those who play.

-- Tickets to a game (if in Toronto, Argos!), going as a group.

-- A Saturday evening dinner at the hotel, followed by a mixer, and to close it out,

-- A Sunday morning brunch. We could even have the 1st Annual Sports Logo Awards or something, presenting awards to both currently used designs in the major sports, as well as recognizing the artistry of board participants.

This could get some decent press, and be a sort of Sundance for sports logos if we did it right.

nav-logo.png

Frylock, how can you claim 22?!! ^_^

OK, I'll take 29 then.

Well, my two favorite athletes wear/wore #22, so it's always been my favorite choice. I can always switch to my alternate of #78. No biggie! B)

Or, we can be like the Cincinatti Stingers have two of the same number!

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Archived