Madden 10

uniguy22

Besides the uniforms...I'd like to see them get the darn end-zones right. For example, when you play as the 1986/1990 NY Giants, I want the end-zones to look like it did those years. They use the end-zones from the late 90s....that's not what I want. A bunch of other teams have the wrong end-zone for that season...or even entirely. That is one thing...along with the uniforms, I would LOVE to see fixed!!!!

-Carl

I totally agree, they screw up half the teams.

I read something about Madden 2010 and the historic teams.

I think I read that there would be no historic rosters, would that mean that there will be no historic teams as well.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think I read that there would be no historic rosters, would that mean that there will be no historic teams as well.

I'm assuming that's because of the lawsuit from the older players. :\

It's always astounded me that all EA would really have to do is ask for input from enthusiasts like us on uniform stuff. Sure, they could just look it all up themselves, but judging by previous iterations, I don't think they've put that as a priority. With all the resources on the net and a community of obsessive uniform nerds, I'm sure people would be willing to provide fact sheets to their designers. I suppose there's legal reasons why they can't, but...sigh. Such opportunity wasted :P

Lastly, who here's looking forward to the 12yr olds kids who will mismatch the Eagles Swede unis and current greenies in online play? I think I'm getting a seizure just thinking about it.

I got a 360 for Christmas in 2005... it chewed up my disks and eventually got the red light of death

near the end of last summer I got a 360 with some saved job money...it died two months later... so I took it back and got my $300 back.

but... I saved my hardrive! :)

buy one this summer for $200 and a chance to have a game with these nerdy feature only us will enjoy

...EXTREMELY WORTH IT!

That's why you should be a ps3 instead, I've had mine since 07, and I've never had any problems with it. My friend ad a 360 and it did the same stuff and he finnaly just saved up and bought a ps3 and hasn't had any trouble with it.

I have to agree about the ps3. We've had ours since early 2007, and have had no problems. But my brother recently read that the same model we bought has been having problems, but the newer models are fine.

I have an Xbox 360 Elite (The black one) and have never had any issues with it. Nor have I had any problems with my PS3 at all. I don't think people have the same issue with Elites that they do with regular 360s

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That does look good. I hope they include more logos and jersey templates for the jersey editor in franchise mode.

And as an extremely geeky, non-jersey related request, I'd like to see some empty seats in the stadiums. Madden 05 on the PS2 used to vary the attendances for different games. If your team was doing really badly, the stadium would be less full. People also used to leave at the end of each quarter if the home team were getting destroyed. EA put all this realism into Madden but have 0-14 teams who are losing 0-50 by half time playing to full stadiums :cursing:

(I've not played much of 09, but from what I have seen the stadiums are always full).

Just got off youtube after checking out the video for new features on Madden 10. At the end of the video the designer mentioned all the platforms that it would be coming in and PS2 WAS mentioned...was I hearing things or do you think it WILL be available on PS2? Thats all I have and I would hate to dish out $300 for a ps3 just for one game although this one sounds fantastic

quote name='uniguy22' date='Thursday, June 11th, 2009 - 13:45:17' post='1174654']

Here is a video of Madden 10 showing the new uniform selection. I guess they did put socks in, and shoes too! Looks awesome.

• 1 month later...

I'll move this post over here

Well one mistake I found is that the Eagles 60's throwback helmets have the same wing they use now only different is that it's on the 60's green.

So it looks a little something like this

egeles.png

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I tried it out in a store the other day just to see the uni combos. Unfortunately, it did not have a blue pants option for the Colts, which would have been kind of cool. It did not have several of the AFL combos that will be worn this year. Any idea if they will be downloadable at some point?

savedpictures013-1.jpg

I'll move this post over here

Well one mistake I found is that the Eagles 60's throwback helmets have the same wing they use now only different is that it's on the 60's green.

So it looks a little something like this

egeles.png

Noticed this too. My uniform history is a bit poor, but I think the Eagles wore something like that (black/kelly/white, but I'm not sure bout the silver accents) during the Cunningham era.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Between this, and the whole designer thing available for NCAA, my resistance toward buying a PS3 is quickly eroding. Though, dammit, the last NFL game I bought was NFL 2K5 for PS2, and that only set me back 20 bucks and provided me with one of my favorite uni matchups ever: blue jerseys/silver pants Panthers versus red jerseys/black pants Falcons. Oh, that's the stuff, right there.

It's so wrong that I would buy a video game just to dick around with the uniforms. And yet, it feels so right.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's fun to just screw around with combinations, there's also some interesting choices in there, aswell. Cardinals, Steelers, have Super Bowl patch jerseys and surprisingly so do the Rams from 2000.

I won a double OT game online earlier as the falcons with the white jerseys, black pants combination, but I made them wear red socks. It was awesome.

bSLCtu2.png

Just got off youtube after checking out the video for new features on Madden 10. At the end of the video the designer mentioned all the platforms that it would be coming in and PS2 WAS mentioned...was I hearing things or do you think it WILL be available on PS2? Thats all I have and I would hate to dish out $300 for a ps3 just for one game although this one sounds fantastic

Can anyone confirm this? I mean, I'll probably eventually get it for my PS2 anyway, but I'll make it priority if it has all of this.

Can anyone confirm this? I mean, I'll probably eventually get it for my PS2 anyway, but I'll make it priority if it has all of this.

Agreed. If this is on the PS2 then I will continue to procrastinate getting a 360 or PS3 just to get the next-gen EA Sports games

It's fun to just screw around with combinations, there's also some interesting choices in there, aswell. Cardinals, Steelers, have Super Bowl patch jerseys and surprisingly so do the Rams from 2000.

I won a double OT game online earlier as the falcons with the white jerseys, black pants combination, but I made them wear red socks. It was awesome.

Funny in my first online game I used that exact combination.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Agreed. If this is on the PS2 then I will continue to procrastinate getting a 360 or PS3 just to get the next-gen EA Sports games

Yes, the game is being made for the ps2. I don't know if it has the uniform option though.

Archived