Stan Kroenke becomes Arsenal's biggest shareholder

roxfan00

Kroenke becomes Arsenal's biggest shareholder

By The Associated Press

Posted: 05/01/2009 01:44:48 PM MDT

Updated: 05/01/2009 02:11:11 PM MDT

LONDON ? Colorado businessman Stan Kroenke has become Arsenal's biggest shareholder after increasing his stake in the English Premier League soccer club to 28.3 percent. The Gunners are one of the world's most prominent teams.

Kroenke also owns the NBA's Nuggets, the NHL's Avalanche and the Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer.

Already a director at the Gunners, Kroenke increased his holding Friday from 20.5 percent by buying out the Carr family's stake.

Kroenke is closer to the 30 percent threshold that triggers a mandatory offer for the remaining shares.

The next largest shareholder is Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov, who owns more than 25 percent of the club through investment vehicle Red and White Holdings.

DenverPost

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

So.. when do the riots begin because a forigner is gunning (no pun intended) for an english team?

A few years ago. I know Malcolm Glazer owns Manchester United, Randy Lerner owns Aston Villa, and Tom Hicks has a part of Liverpool. And isn't Chelsea's owner a Russian oil tycoon?

So.. when do the riots begin because a forigner is gunning (no pun intended) for an english team?

A few years ago. I know Malcolm Glazer owns Manchester United, Randy Lerner owns Aston Villa, and Tom Hicks has a part of Liverpool. And isn't Chelsea's owner a Russian oil tycoon?

All of those are true, but I think that the eye of international ownership has moved to Manchester City, where the owner's half brother (from the United Arab Emitrates) is involved in a torture scandal\l and there is a tape showing him.

Man City Owner's Brother in a Torture Video

I think it is now accepted as the supporters cannot own a top tier EPL team as they need more capital to sign players.

Retired gangster would probably be more appropriate.

I suppose this scotches any hopes of him buying a controlling stake in the Rams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

and Portsmouth has a Russian owner,but i cant think of his name off the top of my head

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

and P :censored: h has a Russian owner,but i cant think of his name off the top of my head

Gaydamek isn't it? I think Spurs are bankrolled by an American as well, although he is far more hands off than most investors.

There are a few around the football league as well. Leicester City are owned by former P :censored: h owner Milan Mandaric, as an example.

Honestly I don't think the average fan is bothered day in and day out, but I think there are some concerns about how much emotional investment some owners put into there teams. Though overall most teams recognise that to compete in soccer nowadays you need money behind you.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Retired gangster would probably be more appropriate.

I suppose this scotches any hopes of him buying a controlling stake in the Rams.

So long as he maintained ownership of the Nuggets and Avs, that wasn't gonna happen anyways.

Archived